Sinister: a one line joke virus warning foubling as a test message

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Wed Jan 17 05:23:21 GMT 2001

hmm. Virus warning. I have a friend who forwards them constantly, and it
really bugs me. I am getting fed up with spam (especially from some guy
called Lowfly or Art Vortex who, unsolicitated, sends me big graphic
attachments. Annoying .....

Anyway, to matters at hand.

ie,
eg, or .....
for example

***BELLE AND SEBASTIAN***
I am kinda annoyed with the complete lack of Belle & Sebastian in my life. I
know we (as a list) have been over and over the whole thing about no one in
the band wanting it to be *all* they do, and I know that the band owes me
nothing, but still .....

It's not like there wouldn't been any new material. There are *loads* of
brilliant songs which haven't been released. Lord Antony, Rhoda, The
Loneliness of a Middle Distance Runner, plus the myriad of songs which were
(supposedly) recorded during the "Peasant" sessions and have never seen the
light of day.

So really, I don't think a new album would be too difficult to hastily
compile.

Also,

the lack of gigs. Now personally I don't really care too much, because ...
hey, fat chance they'd ever come to New Zealand, but it does kinda suck. If
you're gonna tour constantly (like Bob Dylan) you can forgive an artist for
not recording much, because they're always on the road. Silimarly, if you
want to be The Beatles, and just *stop* playing live, for whatever reason,
and just make music, then .... well, more music. Cool. Unfortunately, B&S
are doing neither, and may well turn out to be the Def Lepard of the 00's

My sneaking suspicion is that the band has, for all intents and purposes,
broken up.I think Stuart D leaving was a bit of a blow for the band, but
they soldiered on and released the album anyway, and theb did precisely *no*
promotion for it, aside from one press conference, an phone conversation
with Steve Wells and a mimed appearance on TOTP. Then nothing.

My friends, I really believe, though it gieves me to say it, that this may
well be the end of the line. Most of the band members seem to be off doing
the solo thing (apart from Stuart, who, lets face it, is really the only
person we're desperate for solo things from ...) and no news has leaked from
the camp in more than six months.

And what the hell's going on with Jeepster? The site never gets updated, the
shop didn't even sell the Christmas album, and there have been no
newsletters in months.

RIP?

oh God, I hope not.

feeling bleak .....