Sinister: putting the SIN back in SINISTER

Rinaldo Thatchez ryanbthat at xxx.com
Wed Jan 17 20:58:13 GMT 2001

naughty, naughty.

shocking really.  when I joined up with this list (yes, this is my first
post, thank you very much) I never expected to find such a bunch of
gutter-dwelling, filthy-minded, potty mouthed gossip mongers. not that
that's a bad thing mind you...

it's just that B&S are so cute and sensitive and precious and innocent (you
can sometimes hear the blushing coming through the speakers when a dirty
word or suggestive reference is spoken).  'twee' is the word I think many of
you like to use. i often tell people that B&S are 'the wussiest band I will
ever love' and i feel quite safe in saying that because i know that i do
love them and i think the likelihood of me finding anything wussier is
slight.

Note: i hope that hasn't offended anyone and i'll be quite happy to define
my terms to anyone interested.

I remember one critic saying something akin to "I would probably like Belle
and Sebastian if I still lived at home and had never learned to masturbate."
ouch. well you'd certainly have more time for music appreciation...but it's
this rather sexless image i had in my head that has been shattered by your
titillating speculations about lyrical subtext and just what is under that
scarf. that and honey's promise of trouser fumblings.

we appear to be only a few steps away from people posting pieces of
pornographic fiction about the band members like those Star Trek and X-Files
fans (why IS that phenomenon so common in sci-fi?). I hope i haven't given
anyone any ideas, or maybe i hope i have...

there, first post jitters out of the way. whew!

ryan