Sinister: kiss kiss bang bang

Rachel Playforth Something.Pretty at xxx.com
Thu Jan 18 07:04:29 GMT 2001

THE FIRST BIT
i don't write with arched anything these days, youn.  far too much effort.
tonight was a success for me because it included a) 2 screaming orgasms...
YES, the cocktails and b) killing lots of soviets in goldeneye on my newly
purchased but obviously ancient N64.  ah, simple pleasures.

POETRY
despite the fact that his name is nearly nick hornby, and thus prone to
making me gag, choke, swear and otherwise be ungracious, nick horne mentined
two great 'r' words, ie rilke and roethke, and is therefore a Good Thing. i
just fell in love with rilke recently. and i know the poetry parrot hasn't
perched on my bits as yet, but in any case it seems to have bred, or at
least shed spores in some kind of weird metaphorical creature way, cos pomes
abound on sinister at the moment. and i'm going to add to the litter:

Time and again, however well we know the landscape of love,
and the little church-yard with lamenting names,
and the frightfully silent ravine wherein all the others
end: time and again we go out two together,
under the old trees, lie down again and again
between the flowers, face to face with the sky.

and that, ladies and gentlemen, is poetry.  worth learning german for,
almost.

ETCHASEX
etch a sketch was/is grate.  my best buddy and i both had one and he would
design very accurate, straight lined cars etc, while i would write on them
in wobbly writing not unlike my actual handwriting, which was usually wobbly
due to writing with my left hand, which i had to do a lot as i broke my
right arm 3 times between the ages of 8 and 12.  i was like samuel l jackson
in Unbreakable, only with better hair and less master criminal tendencies.
anyway, there was a point about gender somewhere in there, but fortunately
it got lost.

HUFFNER
you would think that darren hayman would now be able to afford to buy
jumpers without holes in them.  indie london may be his milieu, and i'm sure
holey jumpers are still trendy there (hmm) but even so he must be rather
cold in such attire at this time of year.  maybe they are hand-knitted by
someone as inept as me though.

BELLE AND SEBASTIAN (only joking, of course)
in the absence of real b&s a-c-t-i-o-n, displacement activities have taken
over i suppose. ring tones... screensavers... badges... i have a small
notebook for work use which has on its spine 'pocketbook angel', which is
really stupid but i do take a little secret pleasure in the fact that no-one
but me knows what the fuck it means.  hee hee.

THE ICEMAN COMETH
we have just been delivered of a monolithic new fridge/freezer (it may
incorporate a small bedroom for an eskimo too, in fact). it blocks out the
light, but you know what - it's okay, cos there's all the more room for our
magnetic poetry. yay!  although you can always tell when we've had a party
because some drunken male has composed a pornographic epic.  lovely.

oh, that was all.

eat: smarties
drink: baileys
write for: buzzwords.

love in a cold climate, archel xxx

Rachel Playforth
'She may not be famous, but she's right' - Homer Simpson

For the best in new writing on the web, visit www.buzzwords.org.uk
Contact us on buzzwords at bigfoot.com