Sinister: City girl is not even a gender,cannot be a genre

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 18 18:39:29 GMT 2001

Hello all:

For goodness sake!One just turns its back say five minutes and the
daintiness and demure of the good old days of Sinister seems gone
forever.And Mummy seems to have given up on his/her duty of scolding
naughty children off and joined the romp,oh well.

Discovery of the day:Gap lingerie for kids is all naughty children
need.Fantastically twee-but-sexy knickers which won't let you down whether
some urge to lift your uniform pleated skirt in the playground rises and
fancy just some show
off.I have been checking how large was the XL size before recommending to
Isobel's,however.Perhaps we should all donate 1.5 pennies each and buy her
a pair to lift her spirits about the ruined headscarf,don't we?

I insist:Stuart David's leaving has been the BLANK of the year in this
list and I still wonder why.Even if the situation was that nobody around
here liked him and his quitting was all for good,no claps or cheers were
heard either.Just vanished,deleted from our hard disks,swallowed by some
big hole in the information autoroutes,chemins de fer et tout ca.
If the number of live acts is proportional to the number of Belle and
Sebastian members,as the decrease could indicate,minus Isobel we would
have a tiny fraction of probability in our favour left...So perhaps it's
better to pluck up courage about her swans and angora
sweaters and her fantabulous contributions to albums which took the place
for the e.g. always in our memory, 'Pocketbook Angel',and so many others
we will not mention here but we know which ones they are,there,at home.

And do you want to be my bloody VALENTINE?'Breakfast at Tiffany's' is the
obliged mid-February treat for lonely hearts in the BFI menu.It would make the
perfect date.Get all those big sunglasses and homemade Givenchy copycats
 out for the occasion.And croissants,of course.

On list-based contests: if I were less lazy and more charismatic and less
of a lurker as I have been lately,I would go to some TV programme and
become a POP star in ten days.No,seriously, I would summon you all to
enter an absolutely selfish competition where the best address/phone book
designed with some Belle and Sebastian inspiration behind would win the
enormous privilege of living in my bag and host my friends and family
numbers and adresses,that is.And it would be shown in the most unmissable
venues and cocktails and maybe spotted by some fashion enterpreneur who
would ask me where I got such an amazing piece and the designer would have
made her/his fortune.That is if I finally make it into my dreamt career
path, 'philantropist/billonaire'.

What would you think Stu could say about some helpful donation to the
Scottish Soc.Party?It would be nice,wouldn't it?Or too much fuss?

Love

Arantxa