Sinister: Is You Is Or Is You Aint

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Thu Jan 18 19:45:09 GMT 2001

Hi All,

FAQin Ell, she's back! Nice to see Honey out & about again, & looking so
lovely as well, decked out like a Christmas tree.

Perhaps this might be an opportune moment to mention that the 5th to the
11th of February is National Honey Week, organised by the Honey Association.
There will be lots of activities to promote honey & highlight its
versatility. It has antiseptic properties, historically was used as a wound
dressing & to heal burns & cuts & is even good for face packs: that's right,
get some Honey on your face right now!

Belle and Sebastian bass player for gigs now Stuart David's gone? We've done
this before, haven't we? (Deep breath) Stuart/Isobel/Chris/Neil have all
been seen playing bass on stage before now.

I've been listening to that Michael Shelley 7" & like it. He has an
attractively croaky voice & the songs are OK, with a slightly Fannies feel.
"Baby's In A Bad Mood" is the better side: reminds me of Brinsley
Schwarz/Nick Lowe with Wee Chris' warm swelling organ well to the fore.
"Don't" sees Stevie Reverb living up to his name with loads of big Duane
Eddy geetar, & with Chris on echo-ey electric piano.

I know that Edna W., Mrs mentioned that Future Pilot aka single ages ago but
I've only just got around to listening to it. Restful, tinkly sound, angelic
vocals (of course) but this time with ethnically authentic slurring. Are any
other band members playing on this track? Sounds like Sarah on violin to me,
but maybe that's just fanciful.

Good to see The Pinefox safe on the right side of the Atlantic again. Are
you going to write a song about entertaining the NYC gliterati to dinner at
the Gotham Grill? You said you had a Nigerian Math(s) teacher who was in
love with his work. My German teacher didn't stay so true & is now one of
the 28 cross bench hereditary peers who were elected to stay in the House of
Lords

Peter "Quotation Marks" Miller: I didn't know you loved blonde singers with
beauty spots having  a penchant for 60's tunes.

Nick, try tapping the ice gently with a wooden steak (or vegeburger) mallet.

Re the Lowfly spam: it was really pissing me off too. I sent a few polite
messages asking for no more to be sent, but to no effect. Then I sent
messages of increasing rudeness (& with more & more exclamation marks) &
haven't had any for a while.

Sinister Tolerates Old People

Love & regards,

David Moore