Sinister: F.Y.I. tangent

carle groome carle at xxx.com
Sat Jan 20 19:38:40 GMT 2001

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLOWING IS PASTED TEXT FROM ANOTHER SOURCE.

"LOOPER INKS WORLDWIDE RECORD DEAL WITH MUTE

Looper, the Glasgow four-piece led by Stuart David co-founder of
Belle and Sebastian, have ended months of speculation by signing a
world wide record deal with Mute.

Looper, who in the last two years have released two critically
acclaimed albums "Up A Tree" and "The Geometrid" through Sub Pop
(U.S) and Jeepster (UK), recently completed a successful tour of the
United States as special guests of The Flaming Lips.

Announcing the deal, Mute founder, Daniel Miller said  "I am a huge
fan of the first two albums so when I heard Looper were looking for a
new label it was an obvious one for me to pursue. It's not just their
wide range of musical qualities I admire but  the really  strong
visual sense they express in all aspects of their work, this is a
very exciting signing for the label."

  Looper are currently writing new material and will return to the
studio later this year to begin recording their debut for Mute which
is set for release in 2002."

MY OPINION BEGINS HERE
my guess is that Stuart might be coming across the pond soon.
cheers