Sinister: more unsolicited emails. please stop.

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Mon Jan 22 12:17:01 GMT 2001

Grrr.  More unsolicited emails, this time from another source.
Someone advertising a website for Nick Drake, whose URL shall be
nameless at least in this mail because they don't need more
publicity, appears to have taken it upon themselves to send
unsolicited emails to list members, including me.  I'd say this was
genuine ignorance of internet courtesy from a novice if it wasn't for
the facts that:

(a) he's mailing from different email addresses, hotmail accounts, not
from his main one on the website, presumably because he's getting
complaints,

(b) he's not responding to emails asking him to stop,

(c) he's selling something on his website, thus the need to act
illegally, presumably,

which doesn't really seem fair seeing none of us are selling
something.  Presumably he thinks we're fair game because we've been
known to wear cardigans and duffle coats and all that.  I bet he wears
a suit.

I won't bore you to tears: there's a bit more information under
"What's New" on the Sinister webpage.  The effect of this is,
unfortunately, that I've had to take the membership lists offline for
now: sorry, as I know some of you found this convenient to check your
subscriptions.  Maybe the person who's doing this (who is probably a
member under yet another email address) could just stop?

If you do need to search for an email address, or check your own
subscription, you can still use the email search form at:

	http://www.missprint.org/cgi-bin/listee.cgi

I mean, you know?

If you'd like to tell me you've been receiving these junk emails,
it'd be useful if I have to take more steps to stop it: again, just
send me a *blank* email with "junk email from nick drake site" in the
subject.

My world is still fragrant.
Honey x