Sinister: A recent nursery parolee comes out of the shadows...

Disc Go Round Bremerton kitsapcd at xxx.com
Mon Jan 22 20:57:06 GMT 2001

Hello Sinister Kids!
  I was notified last week that I had done my time in
the nursery, and since today is my 28th birthday (does
this make me one of the old folks here?), I'm at work,
I'm bored, & the sun is out, I've decided to introduce
myself.  The sun being out in January has distracted
me to the point of only being able to think in
fragments, so hopefully these few fragments will give
you a glimpse into my dark, dark soul.

  *I live in the Seattle area, and I know exactly
two-and-a-half other B & S fans.
  *I do not have a "twee" personality at all, and I
cannot explain or defend my L-O-V-E (that's right, all
caps) of Belle & Sebastian, but I really, really do.
  *I did not vote for George W. Bush.
  *I am obsessed with Jim Reid (formerly of the Jesus
& Mary Chain, currently of Freeheat).
  *In my travels, I have concluded that Edinburgh has
the most hunky boys per square mile than anywhere else
I've been, and I'm including the greater Los Angeles
area & London in that statement.  You Scottish gals
are lucky, lucky lasses!
  *Strange B & S moment #1: this last summer, two days
after "Fold Your Hands..." came out, I found myself in
the emergency room.  As I was laying in the hospital
bed waiting for a doctor I had "The Wrong Girl" on a
continous loop in my head.  Strangely, this experience
did not sully this song for me, and it still makes me
smile.
  *Strange B & S moment #2:  I tried to act out
"Seeing Other People"  a few months ago.  Actually, he
was seeing someone else, and I had just been dumped by
his roomate (yikes!).  Half a bottle of Jameson
whiskey later, and all bets were off.  My advice: do
not try this at home.
  *Quote about the first Looper album that I liked so
much that I cut it out & put it in the jewel case:
"The only Scottish bands that should be saved from
fire are Prolapse and the Jesus & Mary Chain.  Jim
Reid never wrote songs about his sheep escaping &
having to chase it over the glen.  Sing about guns and
coke machines and girls in black leather, ya wee
gadge!"  By the way, I really like the Looper album.
  That's enough.  As I get to know everyone better my
posts will be more meaningful.  As I said, it's sunny
here in Seattle, and that makes it difficult to think
straight.  I'm sure you cats in the UK can sympathise.

XOXOXO,
Jen

=====
Come to Disc Go Round in East Bremerton! (Fred Meyer Plaza)

We buy, sell, and reserve CD's.
We also now buy and sell DVD movies, so bring in those old movies today!
Support your favorite local bands buy buying their music and merchandise at Disc go Round.

Open M-S 10-9 and Sunday 12-6.  Call us 405-0878.