Sinister: nitpicking, advertising, scrounging and vomiting

Rachel Playforth Something.Pretty at xxx.com
Tue Jan 23 05:59:39 GMT 2001

so b&s have recorded 'pop songs'.  in inverted commas.  and here we all were
thinking that they manufactured frozen chickens. tch.

and i wouldn't describe the springfields as dusty springfield's backing
band.

i was in a very nice pub on saturday, called the great eastern, which i
don't think is a delgados reference.  they played tbwtas though, which was
fun.  *i* don't even play tbwtas any more.

i have also found the coolest shop, devoted to all things francais.  lots of
lovely musique, livres, babar, boules, and Best Of All extravagant amounts
of petit prince merchandise.  i covet their cute lunchboxes but can only
afford the pencils... (no sexual subtext intended - this is the little
prince we're talking about, people.)

all the submissions i've had to buzzwords this year have been from people
called greg.  really.  i've never even met *one* person called greg before.
anyway, thanks to greg and greg.  for top extra-sinister literary action
there's still only one place to be.....

would some nice person like to send me a tape/cd of 'the friends of rachel
worth' because i *still* can't afford to buy it (given that my local record
shops, or thieving bastards as i prefer to call them, think £16 an
acceptable price) and my boyfriend's stereo is out of commission so i can't
scrounge tapes off him like i usually do.  i ask this in the knowledge that
there are at least 4 go-betweens evangelists out there who won't see this as
flagrant blagging but as an exciting opportunity to spread the (ageing) word
of forster and maclennan.  fools...

umm... i can't ride on city buses for a hobby any more, as i've started to
get dramatically travel sick on anything which doesn't go on rails, a
phenomenon last seen on family holidays to cornwall (8 hours in a mini, 7 of
which were spent vomiting).  i fear this is all part of the general
regression initiated by bagpuss all those months ago...

since i can't travel any more, we're going to have to have a brighton
meet-up.  i've been meaning to organise this for a while - anyone interested
enough please mail me.

well, must go, job applications to avoid, washing up to leave for someone
else, you know how it is...

archel xxx

Rachel Playforth
'She may not be famous, but she's right' - Homer Simpson

For the best in new writing on the web, visit www.buzzwords.org.uk
Contact us on buzzwords at bigfoot.com