Sinister: of cabbages and kings

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Tue Jan 23 09:20:56 GMT 2001

Stuart David losing the plot.

Yes.

I agree. I think he is , perhaps, trying a little too hard to over
compensate for being in Belle & Sebastian. It's my suspicion that the this
new-found hardness comes from a dislike of the twee indie fraternity and an
attempt to distance himself from the label of "ex-Belle & Sebastian bass
player". Still, I'll probably buy his new book ... I though "Nalda Said" was
brilliant.

**HONEY-CHAMPION OF THE PEOPLE**
Honey, you are the guardian of goodness in a net-world of evil. I assumed
that the Nick Drake spam was from a listee. The site is quite nice, but I
just really object to people using the list to fob off stuff. Cause lets
face it, the shirts he's selling on the site are

a) probably not authorised by Nick Drake's estate, and
b) probably iron-on transfers put onto shirts, which you could probably do
yourself.

I'm sure no one would have really minded if there was a link the site in the
signature live of the listee's posts. But ..... well, etiqiete, people.
C'mon .....

**AND SPEAKING OF SPAM!!!!**
if that bloody lowfly guy e-mails me ONE MORE TIME I swear I will fly all
the way to Portugal and kick his ass. Spam is one thing ... huge graphic
attachments on my slow dial up connection are another thing all together.

**ADONIS** (or lack thereof)
I have joined a gym. Basically because I am sick of sweating when I eat or
walk up hills. We're not *quite* at Homer Simpson levels of fitness yet, but
sitting in front of a computer for the last two years hasn't been good for
my physique.

**MARRIGE**
Vanessa and I started our "pre marrige education" course tonight. We're both
Roman Catholics and are getting married in a Catholic church, hence having
to fill out this STUPID questionaire and do this dumb course. If I had my
way we'd be getting married in Las Vegas ("The Happiest Place on Earth") One
of the questions in the survey I had to fill out was whether I had ever felt
or had an homosexual urges/tendancies. Umm ... well, I *have* worn a feather
boa in public, and had an *extremely* unhealthy obsession with Morrissey in
my late teens, and Vanessa thinks I *dress gay* (her words, not mine.) But I
answered "no" to avoid confusion.

**STARSAILOR**
Hearing good things. Anyone seen them live? Any comments? I've pre-ordered
their debut single. Hope they're not all just hype.

Speaking of hype, I managed to see Coldplay at a private gig here in
Auckland last week. They were really good .... much looser and more laid
back live than on record.  It was very exclusive, but I managed to find out
the *secret address* andhuing around outside, and they let me in.  They
played pretty much all of "Parachutes" plus two new songs and covers of "You
Only Live Twice" and "What the World Needs Now Is Love". Bravo .....

Well, to bed, to sleep, perchance to ....

Lawrence Mikkelsen
(Guardian of Sinist*r Honour, South Pacific Chapter)