Sinister: Drowning in sweet seas of academia....

Photojenni27 at xxx.com Photojenni27 at xxx.com
Tue Jan 23 12:36:10 GMT 2001

Hello again....
Let's set the scene, it's a muggy, rainy, grey Tuesday in the college and all I can hear is "This is a silent area!" repeated and screamed over and over again like a mantra indented into my brain. My pigtails are falling out and I keep having to make sure that all my precious possessions like my sweeties and my mobile phone *evil thing that it is* don't fall out of my coat pocket.
Cay is bored and lonely, and fed up with having to eke out an education and work as a lowly waitress to achieve her dreams. She dreams of the day when she'll be the glitterati who everyone wants to read and see and be.
The exams are officially over and I've been getting my results back, but I have no one to celebrate the fact with. All the people I know in Manchester are just acquaintances who I'm too scared to phone. My two best friends are at art college and University in London and my wee boy lives in Leeds. College is nice, but you're surrounded by new *Rawkers* here who don't want to slip into this sweet little world.
This is getting far too self-indulgent now, so I'll stop and get onto proper things...
The new version of AOL (6.0) I installed on my computer seems to like chewing up and spitting out the posts I've been sending to Sinister recently, so I'm having to post them from the net based version of AOL (2.0) Whilst Honey is a very nice list mummy, she doesn't seem to have had any experience with the evils of AOL and so doesn't know how to turn the control off that will give me passage to this world. Hence, this is a cry for help. Does anyone else use this program and now how to turn off the switch that turns my posts into html based spagetti?
As for those evil Nick Drake posts, the weird thing is I've been getting them too, but this was even before I was let out of the nursery which was about a month ago. Hence, I have a feeling that this creep is looking for peeps on Yahoo clubs too who have a liking for Nick Drake. Hopefully the estate will find out and stop it before it gets crazily out of hand. When reading the posts the other night somebody said that she'd been thrown off Napster by Jeff Buckley's mother. How? Why? I've been downloading Jeff Buckley stuff and this hasn't hapenned to me. Sounds a bit too scary for my liking considering that she's selling away her son's life to the highest bidder.
B&S are doing the soundtrack to a film...*yey!* I like the sound of that so long as the film is a good one. I'm sure I've seen a Hal Hartley film but I'm not sure which one. I still have to read Stuart David's novel (I didn't even know that he'd written one!) Looks like it's off to the bookshop with me now once I've gotten some money.
*Starsailor* are utterly lovely from the two songs I've heard so far. They may get bogged down and tarnished but for now they shine like North-Western stars and I desperately need to get their song "Love is here," either by fair means or foul. Hopefully I'm going to see them this weekend with those lovely scallywags Alfie and run away before JJ72 (NOOOO!!)But I'm torn between this and a cocktail party in Leeds where I can all dressed up and drunk for free. *Decisions, Decisions*

Well, that's my ramblings over and done with for now I think. Apologies for the self-indulgence at the beginning!

Love, Lollipops and History exams....
Cay
xXx