Sinister: I hung out, with all my insect friends...

Neil Milton neil_milton at xxx.com
Tue Jan 23 13:48:45 GMT 2001

Hi guys,

its been a long time since my last post...
since Jason left us infact, and now he's back...
welcome young man...

so...

I happened along to the old fruitmarket on Saturday
night, y'know, as you do...

well, it was quite crafty y'see,  I decided that I'd
go to see the delgados, and then had to decide who I
should go with...

The girfriend, y'might think...

yep... that was a good idea...  I managed to keep it
from her right up until we got inside the venue...
boy, did she get a surprise...  Superb... lots of
brownie points scored!

anyway, the gig was superb.  Arab Strap played in
support, and damn they were good...  Aidan's first
words of the night were 'this was a mistake.'
Thankfully, it was not.

The delgados came on to a loud cheer, and proceeded to
prove why they are so special to me and so many
others.

alun dropped his guitar during 'make your move' and
Paul fucked up the beat for 'The past that suits you
best' but you still looked upon the band as if they
were the most important thing that your eyes will ever
come across.

Funniest bit of the night, has to have been the
football chat...

Stewart - "Le Tissier for the 'well"
Emma - "Queens Park.  You have to come... theres only
six hundred of us there every saturday"
Alun - "Football is pish.  All footballers are dicks!"

Anyway, tonight, is my own band's gig.  At the 13th
Note cafe (8:30PM admission free if anyone is
interested) and its our first... a wee bit anxious but
I wouldn't say nervous... yet!
You may or may not have heard of us... we are called
Troika, and we are rather influenced by Idlewild, the
Gang of Four, and (ever so slightly) by Mogwai and
slint.
We are also playing in Strawberry fields on the 9th
February, then On Air East in dundee on the 23rd Feb.
then again on the 15th March at the 13th note cafe (as
part of Single Point of Light's residency)

anyway, apart from all that...

I'm looking forward to Wednesday night at Sleazy's...
Dave Pajo from Slint, and Stuart Mogwai playing
acoustic... POST ROCK HEAVEN!  I'll be there, are any
of you guys going?

S.D.'s new book...

can some one give me some info on it, as I don't have
it yet and feel I'm missing out on something...

Anyway, I gotta go just now but...

Jason... c you tonight
amy... ditto
jenOwl... if you could come along it'd be nice to c
you.

cyall soon,

neil troika

=====
"he has no idea where he's at or where he's been."
        Queen of the Troubled Teens - iDLEWiLD