Sinister: gonna see the river man, gonna tell him all i can, about the plan

chris perriman room_30 at xxx.com
Tue Jan 23 22:12:04 GMT 2001

after all the talk of baxendale a few weeks back i happened on an ep called
'new distractions ep vol. 1' on lowsley sound recordings with, as the lead
track baxendale's'the future' which has modem sounds on it*.  is this song
reprasentative of their style as it's the only baxendale song i've heard.
the other tracks are'tonka toy' by the teenbeat, 'we're gonna rock paris' by
ricky spontane and 'urina' by abbey grange.  if anybody has any info on
these other bands i'd apreciate it.  the record's on the thickest vinyll ive
ever seen, it's absolutely massive, it weighs the same as a 12" but it's
only a 7!

listening to john martyn's solid air, cool song.  written about nick drake
i'm told

*TO SOPH* who was talking about flares.

the best flares i know of are made by a company called pop jeans, the only
places i've seen them are in newcastle and leeds but i'm sure they'll be
available in london village somewhere. probably behind the village hall,
just off trufflegar square

[expertly stuck together with the finest DJ glue]

has anybody ever tasted terrific turtles?  those green n' yellow sweets you
used to get that i was addicted to wgen i was 7, you remember?  well anyway
i found them in a shop and proceeded to buy a wholebox for three quid and
have eaten half of them and am feeling a bit sick but am being forced to eat
more by some weird part of my brain that dosn't realise that i'll actually
vomit if i eat any more...   no...   stop it...   aaaargh, my hands are
forcing the sickly sweet gorgeous rubbery little amphibians down my throat
by the handfull...   noooooo.

ok, gotta stop now
love n' hugs from the happy world of haribo
pez*

*looper's album 'the geometrid' was playing in the shop when i bought the
record with baxendale on, what's more 'modem song' was definately playing
when i payed for the record, wich is a major coincedence, don't you think