Sinister: Spread the Love

Brian Pennington cellophanesky at xxx.com
Wed Jan 24 02:46:09 GMT 2001

Hi Sinister,
	Well, I've done something for the obscure B&S collectors
among you. Today I made some MP3s of some of the rarer stuff I have
so that everyone can hear it. I don't have any good way of sharing it
so I'm on Napster right now and my username is Mickmcmick. I've only
got a 56k connection so please bear with me. Hopefully the tracks
will spread somewhat virally.
	Here's what I encoded:

	"Tigermilk" Instrumental: Well I'm not 100% certain this is
the elusive Tigermilk Instrumental, but it's an instrumental the band
played in Barcelona, 1997, and it hasn't been released yet. So since
the only instrumental we've heard mention of is the Tigermilk
Instrumental I tentatively gave it that name. It's not the world's
greatest song or anything, but it's interesting to hear it.

	Studio version of Loneliness of the Middle Distance Runner:
there are versions of this song circulating on Napster but they're
just live cuts. This one was recorded in a studio and features
Stevie's guitar very prominently. I put the word studio in the name
of the MP3 so that you can distinguish between this one and the live
versions.

	Rhoda: This one's also been making the rounds in MP3 form,
but the MP3 circulating was only recorded at 96 kbps, this one is
160. Also, the version circulating is very, very quiet. This one is a
normal volume, although it has more tape hiss. Most importantly, the
other version had the beginning of the song nicked off after the
first line or so of lyrics. This one has the whole song. It's not a
massive improvement but I figured while I was at it...

	Hurley's Having Dreams: This is one of the three Stuart
Murdoch/Rhode Island demos, I think a lot of people have it on tape
but I haven't seen it at all on Napster. So I encoded it.

	Pocketbook Angel / London Has Let Me Down Again: The other
two demos. These are on Napster, but when I downloaded them from
Napster I found them to be of horriffic quality with ungodly amounts
of tape hiss. So I recorded my (marginally better) copies and
filtered out a lot of the hiss. In fact I filtered tape hiss out of
all of these and encoded them all at 160 kbps. So for the ones which
are already on Napster just look for the 160 kbps versions.

	Well, I liked Sophie's theory about the mystery third Legal
Man track. That makes a lot of sense. They did sort of the same thing
with 3...6...9 didn't they? Oh and if anyone has a place to host
these songs let me know, that would be much easier.

--
Brian Pennington, aka Mick McMick | cellophanesky at mac.com | ICQ# 39021436
Sandcastle Records: <http://www.indiepages.com/sandcastle/>