Sinister: Are B&S the kebabs of pop?

Pamela Tait jaffa_cakes at xxx.com
Thu Jan 25 15:26:34 GMT 2001

Do my eyes deceive me? Is Jason Andreas back with us? I was just talking
about you a minute ago. Anyway, welcome back, we're still all nuts.

Hehe.....my flatmate is a hardcore Limp Bizkit fan and generally into the
whole rock thing but I caught her singing 'Like Dylan In The Movies' the
other day. Mind you, I caught myself humming along to 'We're In This
Together Now' by the might Nine Inch Nails. I've also got a bit of a soft
spot for Fred Durst.

I nearly peed my pants today when i read NME's title on the B&S article. I
honestly thought they were gonna do a cover of Petula Clarks 'Downtown'. Now
*that* would be something different. And they could film it in the Gorbals!
(no offence to anyone living in the Gorbals area of Glasgow). Mind you, I
think Petula's impression of Downtown is very differnet to mine. If it's
neon signs and stuff, then the video should be shot in Tollcross or
somewhere like that.

God, I'm talking a load of crap today.

It's official: my bagpuss hot water bottle is *the* best thing ever. It's
better than a poke in the eye, anyway.

JenOwl> there's something written about/by you in The 13th Note loos.
Nothing nasty, just a bit odd.

Nothing really interesting to say, except that I have a visitor coming to
stay in my flat in nine days and I can't wait. You know who you are.....I
needn't say your name.

Right, now something to get you all thinking. If Belle & Sebastian were a
food and/or drink, what would they be? I reckon they'd be a toffee apple or
a stick of candyfloss or tiramisu or something with Applewood smoked cheddar
in it. If they were a drink, they'd be a double Pernod and blackcurrant.

If anyone compares them to cabbage, I'll get angry. So don't do it.

Right, well, I suppose I should get off the stage before the heckling and
shower of rotting fruit begins.....

Hope everyone's comfy and safe....

Love and cuddles....

Pamela The Toffeemonster
xxx
I AM OBSESSED WITH BOTTLE GREEN MINI COOPERS. FEAR ME..