Sinister: it is far to the orange grove, but farther than that is the sea... are they in the same general direction?

gogron gogron at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 25 16:23:44 GMT 2001

hi
I tried smoking, I really did. I got packets of rough unfiltered ones
and chained for days on end. I moved onto cigars, even, but to no avail:
I can't get hooked. I did get rather addicted to the look of dangling a
Camel from the corner of my mouth whilst holding a snooker cue though,
but it was temporary. I have been seen lonesome behind a fug of smoke so
caustic that people crept back into the corners. That or muttering
politically correct stuff.
My poisons and addictions and life threatening wanderings are not,
however, in the realm of smoke. As I said, I did try...

someone called banchory was on #sinister saying T-Shirts are about to
become VAT something. I think the upshot is that they will soon be 17.5%
more expensive... so hurry if you don't have one yet.

It's Burns Day today. He's a poet from Scotland, albeit a dead one.
now this a bit like compilation tapes: you send someone someone else's
song, which I always can't quite take, because what I would say to
someone I have feelings about are what I would say from my own heart.

take this (Burns)

THE CARES O LOVE

HE
The cares o Love are sweeter far
   Than onie other pleasure;
And if sae dear its sorrows are,
   Enjoyment, what a treasure!

SHE
I fear to try, I dare na try
   A passion sae ensnaring;
For light's her heart and blythe's her sang
   That for nae man is caring.

That's not really true, is it?
In his defence I quote a bad, brief poem by the man.

Help, give a melancholic half an hour and he gets to slagging of his
favourite poet. Sorry, Rabbie.

Now to tread a line. To be short, because irrelevant, or to lengthen, so
as to explain? (at this point saves as a draft)

shall I, shalln't I

/me always rather liked to dive into swimming pools

Gordon