Sinister: OH dear. Looking for help from the Norwegians

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Thu Jan 25 16:52:45 GMT 2001

Hmm.
The ongoing saga of me with my disasterous university
life continues...

WHAT I NEED:

Any sinister kids out in Norway who fancy helping out?

 All I'm asking, is that you could perhaps write to
me, in Norwegian, and I shall do the same back. I need
to practice my writing in Norwegian, as it is holding
me back in the worst ways possible. Its the writing
that I am doing really badly at. All I need, is
someone who will take some time, just a little time
whenever possible, to write to me in Norwegian. I will
write back, if I make mistakes, point them out to me,
and let me know what I should be saying instead.

Aparently, I got the second highest score for spoken
Norwegian (yay!) which is quite amazing, as at least a
third of the class are Norwegian native speakers, and
I'm not one of them.

My advisor reckons I will get my honours Norwegian,
but I will have to work hard. She said it isn't
impossible for me to get a decent grade honours as
well.

I've also spoken to my teacher, who is willing to give
me extra homework to practice with, and give me extra
classes. I've been advised to get as much Norwegian as
possible into my life for the next five months, and
thats what I intend to do. Speak it, write it, breathe
it, maybe not quite live it, but certainly as close
as.

I don't necessarily want to have a career with
Norwegian, but I want to be able to leave uni, with my
head held high rather than tucked between my legs.

I've already asked for extra work for the weekend, on
top of what I have to do for next week, on top of all
my other classes in literature and things.

The way I see it, five or six months spent holed up
studying and learning isn't that bad. Its a fraction
of my lifetime, and I want to get it right. I just
want that honours degree I came here promising myself,
three and a half years ago, that I would get.

So, here goes. Hmm.

I'm nervous as anything about all this, and hoping
desperately that it will all work out for the better
and that I will get a grip on it, and it won't all be
for nothing.
All I want to do, is see my determination, get me
whatever I want it to get me. Its helped me out in the
past, and it might help me again. I hope it does.

Thanks to everyone who sent me encouraging e mails
from my last post, which was along the lines of
"Panic! Panic! help! What am I going to do? I'm
doomed!". There were a lot of intelligent words of
wisdom there. Cheers.

Anyway, hopefully there will be someone out there who
is in Norway and thinks they could help me. Karma will
thank you for it.

Love,
(a panicky, but determined)
idleberry