Sinister: soundtracks to unimaginary films

P F pinefox1 at xxx.com
Thu Jan 25 18:19:14 GMT 2001

You know, writing that title it has struck me that
there were once many Blur fans on sinister. Where have
they gone? And were they as irritated as me at Blur
starting The Best Of Blur with the same two tracks as
'Blur'? Not only are the 2 tracks the same, and in the
same order, but both LPs have 'Blur' in the title, as
well as in the, the, you know, the band name!!

It was just too much: I mean, not enough. Also, that
woeful track called 'Music Is My Black Box Radish',
etc - oh, woeful. When did Blur last do something
really good? I have to go out on a broken limb and
suggest: 'The Universal'. And even that's pushing it,
to some ears.

The geezer Miller talked about Hurst. It's all over
now. I admire Miller for being able to talk so much
about such boring stuff, and hear 69 Love Songs and
think it dreadful. I *admire* that kind of fortitude,
as I have said before. I mean it.

I have been commissioned to work on the soundtrack to
the following scene from a hip old movie. This is just
a taster, you understand. There's lots more in this
vein, plenty more; but I thought this might be more
than enough for you. I am thinking of sticking a
Go-Betweens track in the background. Probably 'Dive
For Your Memory', possibly rerecorded with rhythm
guitar by Alasdair Cook 96. What d'you reckon?

------------------

STUART
(laughing, sort of)     Oh, Joy!

JOY                     Oh, but you know how it is.
                        And well, most guys…

STUART                  I'm not most guys.

JOY                     I know. If only most guys were
                        like you.

STUART                  But then I'd be like most
guys.

JOY (laughs)            Oh, Stuart. If only I felt the
                        way I'd like to feel with you…
                        Life is so unfair. It's all my
                        fault.

STUART                  I know.