Sinister: Up your yellow river

Brier Random brier at xxx.com
Thu Jan 25 19:27:32 GMT 2001

Well then;

Pee Miller claims there are no perfect pop moments.  But i think everyone
has their OWN perfect pop moment in their lives.  Mine was the day The Queen
Is Dead came out, listening to it on the turntable over & over, while
looking at the monochromatic grey-green gatefold photo of the four Smiths
standing, like Ramones who can read, outside the Salford Lads Club on the
corner of Coronation Street (a joke within a joke here).

And i hope he's kidding when he calls 69 Love Songs awful.  I'm gonna sing
two Mag Fields songs on stage next month.  I Don't Believe In The Sun, and
The Death Of Ferdinand de Saussure.  Wish me luck.

And if you're ever a tourist in a large city, never ever ever stand on the
sidewalk on your mobile phone, saying "well i'm at the corner of Walk and
Don't Walk."  People will laugh at you.  Not with you.  At you.

And i cried a bit, because no one told me that NELLY FURTADO (on whom i've
developed a slight crush) was on Saturday Night Live last week or two ago.
I think her record ("Whoa Nelly") is really the bee's knees too.  Does
anyone feel the same way who's got the guts to admit it?  I first admired
Mag Fields because they used the phrase "whoa nelly" in a song.  Now this
cutie-pie comes and names her whole album this.

Despite my tendency to fuck things up (hearts, etc, i can't help it) i do
have a tender side.  Certain things almost make me weep.  Like when my uncle
says:
"the price you pay for loving someone is that you will miss them when they
are not around".

Today's birthdays:   Robert Burns (dead Scottish poet); Dean Jones (star of
Disney films including Herbie The Love Bug); Virginia Woolf (dead writer).

Happy birthday to you too.