Sinister: Nick Drake smoking on the front of the boxset is Duffle-coat-tastic.

Iain Radcliffe iaradcliffe at xxx.com
Thu Jan 25 22:50:21 GMT 2001

Hello.
I spent a good portion of tonight exercising my CD burner by copying all the
Nick Drake albums for a lovely girl I know. And not only because I want her
to succumb to my (dubious) charms, but because she's also grate, loves B&S
and more people should hear the wondrous Monsieur D.

I had the Session In Scotland on at the same time, and everyone was being oh
so cool as usual. I read FB's post about the Manics just as their new song
came on. I thought it rather pish on first listen I must say. Thought they
were meant to be returning to their ace punky B-side sound of yore, but it
sounded like a bad Xmas record (TOO MUCH REVERB).

Well that's got feck all to do with B&S, but then what does at the mo? (If
anyone has a spare Manics ticket for the Barras, tuesday, then I'd be
delighted. They were sold out when I rang. boo hoo hoo.)

And then I'd made it to arch(ang)el's post about that Indian/Scottish song
by thingymigig. And that came on the radio! It's quite nice and you can hear
Struan's vulnerable choirboy tones floating above the hypnotic backing!
Ooer.

JenOwl was on about Gregory's Girl, which is tops. It was on that 1981
programme at the weekend. I like the chef guy in it, and Claire Grogan is
infitely preferable to the rather aloof Dee Hepburn. And Happy Birthday is a
bluddy grate P!O!P! moment. As is Kids in America (Woah Oh!)
Dangermouse was a tremendous nostalgia moment as well.

I looked at said Ms Owl's website and it's dead funny. I was merrily
quaffing Ribena and wearing my duffel coat this week when I went to my first
council meeting.
Most of the councillors are old and mokeish and one 40 something woman
started flirting with me saying "Oh what a handsome young man." Filthy old
slattern.
So I gave her my card.

Did anyone else notice under Heather's Weather on Reporting Scotland, it
said Burn's night. What a glaring error! Robert Burn! I don't think.
(Get a life, Iain)
See yis later, aye.
fuckin' eccies 'n' that (A Gadjee)
Iain