Sinister: these tarpaulins, as they were called, seemed a strange and half-savage race

Erica MacArthur Macarthur at xxx.com
Fri Jan 26 17:27:36 GMT 2001

Dear Sinister,

you might remember me, I used to post here a little while ago. In fact, I
used to have the kind of presence that Jenowl now commands in her own
special way. I used to have pink tights & the perks of rural living & gin,
she's got rainbow tights & Ribena & a frequent kicking. I still try to keep
up with you, so far as I can (bear). These days I'm more indie-dirtying than
Indie Darling.

Today, I find myself wincing slightly at the mention of Tompaulin. It takes
me back to last October. This Tarpaulin outfit played the Scalarama event on
a rainy Saturday in Kings Cross. This event had been hijacked and re-named
Erica's Birthday Party. So, effectively, Tarpaulin played at my birthday
party. They are not terrible, more so...what someone expects for that kind
of thing; the usual low-key clattertwang din. Like Kicker, Sportique, or any
other band Rachel Stevenson mentions in her internet diary.

The next day, as I dabbed at the stains on my navy day jacket with Vanish, a
hungover head and a toothache prevailing, the good-looking young man lying
in my bed points out that Tarpaulin have been tooted The Best New Band In
Britain by overweight Indie mongrel Ben Clancy. There are mentions of the
words 'soulful' and 'lively' in his article on them in the programme to the
event. I gave up with the Vanish and furiously batted at the jacket with a
wire brush. I rip the programme to shreds and declare my birthday ruined.
Now they're being played on Radio One, and I'm still not famous for doing
nothing.

Blast.

I was recently ejected from a last-call of models for a photoshoot of
antique clothing for a Japanese magazine because I was considered "too sexy"

I went out last night to see a French band called Phoenix with that dandy
and do-gooder Nicolas Horne. Phoenix have good French synth solos and bad
French hair. At time of press, I owe Nicolas perhaps five glasses of wine.
Alex from Baxendale was in attendance, and I can give you the latest scoop
from the Bax 24-hour Mini-massive: Baxendale will collaborate with Puff
Daddy, Britney Spears, Lil Kim and Belle and Sebastian in
their forthcoming track GHETTO FABULOUS.

Pinefox wondered where the Blur fans on this list had gone of late. I've got
my dirty hands on the latest underground Blur demo. The heighlight is
provided by Damon singing 'I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts' in a Ragga
style, with Shaznay from All Saints guesting on percussion by repeatedly
slapping Damon's bare bottom with a pilchard.

Pamela Tait's got a soft spot for Fred Durst. Is is the way he thrusts his
tiny combat-clad penis at the camera in the video for Rollin'?

http://www.groupiecentral.com/gossiplimpbizkit.html

That's enough for now, you lameo James fans.

Erica

P.s Faux-Fur is for Pussies.

http://welcome.to/houseofscarlet