Sinister: George Washington opens in the bay area this weekend!

Graham LeBron schrasj at xxx.com
Fri Jan 26 19:45:04 GMT 2001

Hey sinisters,

I've been lurking for quite some time, but now
I just have to tell you about this amazing movie that my childhood friend
directed, it's opening in the bay area this weekend, but it's been
played/playing other places too. Has anyone seen it?
The closest comparison I can make is stand by me meets gummmo with a
beautiful palace-y sndtrk...

Shot in luscious Cinemascope, it's about some kids in rural North Carolina
and while it is funny at times, it's not a kid's movie. Beautiful like
Malick and charming like a Faulkner story, it is indie but it sure ain't
"Clerks".
Hollywood could learn a lot from it about how kids really act.
But, if you don't want to take my word for it....

GEORGE WASHINGTON (it ain't about the president)
(Directed by David Gordon Green)

The New York Times -- Elvis Mitchell #2 film of 2000!
Time Magazine's #3 film of 2000!
Roger Ebert's #5 film of 2000!
Best Picture nominee @ independent spirit awards

opens this Friday, Jan. 26th
Berkeley, CA - at the UC Theater (3 days ONLY!)
Fri @ 5,7,9, Sat&Sun @ 1,3,5,7,9

Mill Valley, CA - at the Rafael Film Center(1 week only)
Fri @ 6:45, Sat @ 9:30, Sun @3:45,9 Mon-Thurs @ 9

San Fransisco, CA - at the Lumiere theater(1 week ONLY)
Fri-Thurs @ 12:30, 2:45, 5, 7:15, 9:30

for more info check out www.youandwhatarmy.net

"Best Film of the Year. Irresistable, Authentic and wonderful. In recent
film history there has been no greater Achievement." -- Armond White, New
York Press

"A Haunting Story... a bold stylistic achievement... One of this years
really special films." -- Rober Ebert

"Brilliant! The year's most fascinating indie. A word-of-mouth must-see" --
J. Hoberman, Village Voice

"Stunning... Extraordinary! A work of startling originality that will haunt
you for a good long time." -- Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

"A Dream of a movie! It could be a fairy tale by Faulkner.. lovely and
inviting... bursting with talent... This may be the best photographed film
of the year." -- Elvis Mitchell, The New York Times

"Like no movie I have ever seen. It's simply in a word, great." -- Ray
Pride, Chicago New City

Thanks for your support!

Love,

golden g r a m