Sinister: after the gold rush. Yes, Neil Young is indeed cooooool. try it, you'll like it!

Vilkas D'Angelo-Horvath vilkas at xxx.com
Mon Jan 29 00:23:21 GMT 2001

Amy & the rest of you,
    Hey I'll introduce myself. It's Vilkas. (Ms. Vilkas, not Mr. Vilkas,
there's sometimes confusion). I often enjoy your posts. It's like a
peanut-gallery-massive. But I don't post much myself. I've been writing one
in my drafts folder for about a month now, it never seems coherent enough to
post. And this isn't it. So, there you have it: HI!.

     >>i agree with jenowl, ribena is the best drink in the world.  but have
you
.>>tried vodka and ribena?  mmmmmm, now that is lovely.  what i miss the
most
>>is creamola foam though, does anyone else remember it?  it came in a wee
>>tub, it was pink powder and you added two or three tablespoonfuls to a glass
>>of water and it fizzed up and tasted lovely.

LIQUID FRUIT FLAVOURED CRACK
    So Ribena.  Here, in the east coast seaboard of the US, Ribena is
occaisionally sold in Asian grocerys. My local Indian food grocery has it in
Orange Apricot, but not purple-berry flavour (?). The Chinese grocery store
had the berry flavour squash/concentrate Ribena in purple berry. Speaking of
flavour, while in Scotland, I got ***hooked*** on Irn-Bru. But there's no
Irn-Bru here. None.  There's a soda called Inca-Cola that they sell in my
local Cuban restaurant. And again, in the specialty, hispanic/mexican/South
American, grocery. It's pretty similar, y'know, carbonated bubble gum &
liquid gummi bear mixed together flavour; but it doen't have that
***special*** thing that Irn-Bru has.
    Vodka & Ribena is good. Vodka & Irn-Bru is better. Vodka & RedBull is
the best! Props to KennethRedBull. Geez, my last night in Glasgow, October
25th or 26th or something, some friends and me went out dancing 'n' stuff.
Vodka & RedBulls were £1.50. Oh dear. I sobered up somewhere over the
Atlantic ocean that was much closer to North America than it was to Glasgow
International Airport. A few days later I was speaking with my friend
Domenico about the combination hangover/jetlag cloud hanging above my head.
He suggested that vodka & RedBull is what you drink when you want to break
things. When you want to make out in the middle of the dance floor but only
after dancing on the table. After breaking more things. I blushed as I had
been found out. >:-). (Sorry about that, I'm still amused by emoticons.)

     >>was talking about 80's tv the otherday.  does anyone else remember
pugwall?
>>teddy ruxpin?  fraggle rock?  round the twist? fingermouse?  you and me with
>>cosmo and dibs?  charlie chalk?  they don't make them like that anymore.

SCARY TALKING BEARS
    Ooo, I remember Teddy Ruxpin. He scared me. I thought he was creepy.
Mind you I wasn't even a little little kid at the time.  I turned 9 in 1983;
at 26, I'm a technically an adult. However Fraggle Rock, ***rocked***.  To
the tune of Faggle Rock: "Down at Fraggle Rock Dah Dah Dah!" Do you remember
Snorks? Smurfs, He-Man, She-Ra, Thundercats, Mighty Mouse? Geez, there are
so many wacky old shows from the 80s that didn't seem that odd in the 80s
but now they do. My friend had a videocassette of 80s TV commercials. We
watched them during as part of a sculpture critique which was odd in itself.
The adverts were recorded on analog home video equipment back in the day.
And they were edited together on contemporary, digital, professional
equipment. What this did to the picture was nothing. What this did to the
sound was turned it into a record at the wrong speed, then the right speed,
then the wrong speed, and so on like that.  It was crazy to see all those
adverts; cos even with the wacky sound everyone watching remebered the
jingles enough to hum along. Kinda scary. Actually really scary.

    i love neil young!  and it's taken me since christmas to realise how
much.
sat in the 13th note last night avec fellow sinisterine dafyd, "after the
gold rush" came on the jukebox and i was in love...that song is just so
beautiful.  my dear lovely sweetheart ross put "like a hurricane" on his
christmas tape for me and it has the most lovely lyric "you are like a
hurricane/there's calm in your eyes"......

13TH-NOTE-RED-THAI-CURRY
    Lemme just say. One night in mid-October last year, I had been going
about my day and had a 13th-note-red-thai-curry craving that had to be
satisfied.  It had been drizzling intermittently all day. Then, after I went
home and frenshened up. As I walked across the street [:)] to hop on the
underground it started to rain harder. Ok, 5 stops later, coming up the St.
Enochs escalator, there was a typhoon waiting for me and any other poor folk
wo dared leave the shelter of modern buildings. So I said fuck it, opened my
umbrella to little use, and went curry hunting. Down Argyle street, still
typhooning, down King street still typhooning. So I get to the corner. It's
just the time of day so that it's dusk but the windows are still reflecting
the sunlight so you cannot see in.  Turn the corner, open the door, shake a
little bit of water off, look up. They've got the candles in bottles lit. On
every table. And then some. The whole place is lit by these candles. What
with the warm, terracotta coloured ceilings and all, it was like walking
into a freakin cathedrel in a movie or something. My Bloody Valentine was on
the speakers. It was sooooo nice to be in there then. Such a nice surprise.
If only I'd been with a young man I'd fancied. (And who'd fancied me, but
thats a whole nother story that doesn't need to see the light of day.
dammitdammitdammit.)  But are you ever just going along, and you happen upon
a really *nice* pleasant place to be. Like you're waliking down the street
and you look up and there's nothing but blue in the sky? Yep, that's it.
Plus, they had 13th-note-red-thai-curry. It's good. Mmmmm. And Pine Ale.
It's good, Mmmmm.

        Going to go and see some local folks play music now. Denali. I've
heard they're good. And Patrick Phelan. He's good. A little derivative like
"Please I wanna be like chemikal underground"; but that's ok. It's still
really nice, he's got this supersmooth voice. So if you know him, i'm not
ragging, OK?

                 Copying Laura Llew, Lovin' ya and Leavin 'Ya, Vilkas