Sinister: all my friends are on their holidays

marie elia littlearsonist at xxx.com
Tue Jan 30 02:07:44 GMT 2001

--- P F <pinefox at hotmail.com> wrote:
> The "Sinatra at Poughkeepsie" phrase is immortal.

i was perusing chickfactor 13, and i saw the stevie
article, and i held it up to my mom and said, "dude,
i think i'm going to a new year's eve party at this
guy's house."

i live near pougkeepsie.

finally, i could no longer stay away.  i've been
inundated with sinisterness lately.  so much so that
i've been paralyzed by the sheer overwhelming goddamn
tweeness of it all.  haha.

two years ago (or so) i stumbled upon sinister.
one year ago (or so) i stumbled upon #sinister.
this year my new year's eve felt like one big long
sinister post.  i was the sober one at stevie's party,
the one dancing with phil "bootylicious" oh.

joe blessed us with lovely acoustic tunes, steady mike
impressed us with his moves on the dance floor, and
julie distressed us with her ability to put away the
alcohol with the best of the brits, resulting in her
falling asleep as pam tried to engage her in
conversation about her kick-ass platform shoes.

the ever fragrant and well-manicured honey played
hostess (with a *ahem* bit of help from linda) to me
and julie and martin and carey.  carey and i got to
sleep in twin beds like little bugs-in-rugs.  we slept
so soundly that we missed ant&dec on saturday morning.

this could fast turn into one of those "and then i did
This and then i did This" posts.  i'll try to stop it.

highlights included going into all of the bathroom
stalls at the 13th note to see jenowl's graffiti.  i
wanted to call her up on sunday night when i was in
glasgow, but carey said that little jen would surely
have school the next day.  i still think she's a very
frightening figment of someone's imagination.  bah.
phil and i brought a little flava to the land of tea
and milk and honey by teaching our delicate british
comrades about that ephemeral concept we like to call
Booty.  "no, stevie, britney hasn't got booty."  "no,
 ally, you definitely do Not have booty."

we created a monster.  a monsta, even.  haha.

shout outs and props to martin, carey, Princess Honey
& linda, and stevie for puttin' my sorry ass up for
various amounts of time. also props to mark c. for
not making fun of me (too much) for sucking at pool.
and to julie for putting up with my whiny ass through
hours of plane, train, and bus rides.  and and and...
all of yous.  mwah!

it's been a sinister month -- my UK adventures capped
off by a week in detroit rock city with my third and
best sinister crush, princess christiaan.  we're going
to raise cats together.  he's saucy; i'm sweet.

who loves you, baby?
ree-dawg, that's who.
peace out.
word.
xo.

=====
"to me she was just marie."  -mersault

"Let me, for our happiness/
 Be the one to love the less." -dorothy parker

http://www.chickpages.com/poetrypod/lilarsonist