Sinister: Don't be so anal about it, okey?

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Tue Jan 30 08:37:23 GMT 2001

Smut.

I'm glad to see that the good ol' days are back here at the wonderfoul world
of Sinister. Spunk and stuff, you know. During my years here on this pretty
planet we like to call Gurlagh, I've spent numerous hours gazing at the
dictionary (finnish-english-finnish) looking for dirty words and their
translations. Unfortunately the dictionary I've got is from 1973 (when Elvis
was still high on bacon and eggs and... alive. Long live the king!) so no
dirty words there, thank you very much. But I found a way: Once I went to
the library, grabbed the biggest dictionary I could find and started to go
through my list. Anal, boobs, chest, cock, etc. But that was years ago, and
I'm all fine and dandy now, no strange obsessions anymore (foot fetish is
not strange, is it?).

I've never rated Elvis. Guess I'm too young.

MY ALBUMREVIEW: STONE ROSES: THE REMIXES

Blame it all on John Squire. Is he short on cash? Is there ANYTHING good
he's done since the Roses' first album? His ego is bigger than mine, it
seems.

THE MAGNETIC FIELDS: 69 LOVESONGS

No, no, no. Not too much money spent on that album. Sounds horrible. Twat.
Thank god P. Miller (was it him? I forgot already) finally spoke the truth
here.

THE POSIES

Best band ever to come from the States. Underrated in the UK, aren't they?
Has anyone heard their stuff? I tried to browse through NME pages but
couldn't find anything about them. No reviws, just a small mention that Ken
Stringfellow toured with REM.

Speed 2 was on telly last night, but Big Train was on at the same time on
another channel. Bye bye Sandra Bullock and your heavenly face, in come the
laughter. Big Train = the Flying Circus of the 21 century.

I'm getting sick and tired of listening to music that has no balls. The
worst part of it: I'm, ehem, starting to like some hip hop- stuff I've
heard. Not those boys from the ghetto, though: Don Johnson Big Band rules my
world at the moment. You've never heard of them? Well, they're finnish,
funky as hell and quite possible the best thing in hip hop since the glory
days of The Beastie Boys. Even their name is brilliant. I'm going to see
them live in two weeks time. Send me some mail and I might tape you their
latest (and only) album "Support da microphones" (DJBB, not BB). 73 minutes
of sheer groove.

Over and out.

-Jake "I can do this without touching my zipper, see? ... oh bugger" PetitE