Sinister: if everyone is...

IsabelLark at xxx.com IsabelLark at xxx.com
Tue Jan 30 13:01:14 GMT 2001

indeed...just your opinion. which is why it's so contradictory that you would
call me on mine.  and as far as mod before mod was cool...I don't know about
that...however, there is a country song titled "i was country when country
wasn't cool" why don't you go download it. and apparently my rant was
slightly misunderstood. I don't think that there is anything truly wrong with
getting music that's inaccessible...

i agree with you, lucy alder. and you are possibly the exception. i think if
people actually buy the cd afterwards, well then, that is one thing, but I
think more times than not...people consider themselves as having it...and
don't buy it. I guess if contradiction is king...then i am it's
queen...because I too have downloaded rare belle and sebastian tracks...but
they are on my computer at work...and thats where they stay.  I should also
mention that I only found out about Looper by downloading what was titled
"belle and sebastian- burning flies" it took me several months to find out
what was going on with that...but then I did...and now own looper-up a tree.
but what if I hadn't...what if I thought for years that belle and sebastian
was looper and vice versa. Again, I agree with you whole-heartedly...and if
everyone could be as trusted as you and I...then I think napster could be a
wonderful thing...but it seems that the downside outweighs the good. and I
bet one time we used to be able to walk around naked...but some wingnut kept
getting a hard-on and poking all the girls...and we probably used to be able
to openly share our opinions without seeming like an ass...or being called
hoity-toity or whatever...but those days are over too.

Also, if you are going to see bands that rip people off and are making too
much money...then i am sorry...especially since you seemingly know
better...indie pop is a little different though....and I don't think any of
us here are seeing Alanis Morrisett for twenty five dollars...or however much
tickets for shit music go for. but I am willing to bet, again, my bowl o'
cherries that there are in fact people that go through every single
file...and furthermore, I get this horrible mental picture everytime someone
says something like "get all you can...warner brothers bought napster" i see
all of these snot nosed skee bob wearing kids locking themselves in their
rooms and downloading like mad.

Incidentally, I don't think that tape swap is much of a valid argument...so I
agree that it is rather "flimsey" as you say...though I already don't like
agreeing with you.

but the tape argument is different...as it's actually indicative of someone
having bought the music in order to copy it. There is no such thing with
napster.

and yeah, I guess I am somewhat of an elitist when it comes to music. Please,
pretty please, fault me for that. It's sort of a compliment where I come
from. Almost comparable to you Brits and your television.

And when you say "Every record store in the land" just what land are you
speaking of? where i come from we have to trek twenty-one miles into
town...sometimes in the rain and mud...get to the record store...buy
something...we don't get to hear it first. and there are no refunds...we trek
it back twenty-one miles (again, in the rain and mud) and run straight to the
cd player while mom yells about tracking mud...put a cd in and dance like
mad. or curse with tourettes...whichever the case may be. so yeah, my
upbringing has taught me to be very choicy...and that is hardly my opinion,
but a way of life. and thats how you know the difference. one is subject to
change...the other is constant.

triple heh.

oh how i love a debate.

isabel lark