Sinister: Re: sinister-Glasgow, Napster, Harold/Maude, etc

Andrea Kittenmouse kittenmouse at xxx.com
Tue Jan 30 17:52:27 GMT 2001

Hello hello,
How are you (all)?  I'm ok...I just forced myself to get up at the unholy
hour of 9 am.  Ugh.  I was wondering if anyone managed to listen to
kittenmouse radio last night on the internet (8-10 pm PST at www.kpsu.org).
No big deal.  Just curious.

Anyway, after hearing about the 13th Note many times on sinister, I was
wondering, where is it in comparison to the art school in Glasgow?  Is it
close by--maybe within walking distance?

Regarding Napster, they officially are going to start charging subscription
fees for downloading music off their site.  Some observations:
a)Most people I know download things they are going to buy later at a show.
b)I never really could find more than one or two songs by most of the small
independent artists that claim their albums were being ruined from being
uploaded onto Napster.
c)Most cd's from mainstream artists are $18 (U.S.) and not only would I
never pay that much, I probably wouldn't download whatever crappy remix of
Mariah Carey or Eminem that someone uploaded onto Napster anyway.

Who cares, anyway?  It's all been blown up to be way bigger than it is.
There are bigger things to worry about, like the MPAA taking away 'fair use'
rights from people.

Also, finally saw Harold and Maude last weekend.  Great movie.  I think the
late 60's/early 70's are my fave years for movies.

-Andrea