Sinister: We're Barbie and the ROCKERS! Dress so cool we're totally in the groove (in the GROOVE!)

M. Curtin mecurtin at xxx.ca
Tue Jan 30 22:14:03 GMT 2001

Salvete!

I normally like to avoid posting, and I'm sure you normally like when I
don't post either, but we'll all just have to cope....
The whole NapsterAngel/Devil conversation reminded me of a conversation I
had with my best friend years ago.  Though we are the best of friends, we
have differering music tastes, aside from Stan Getz, Barbie and the ROckers
and the soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar.  Anyway, one year she got an
alarm clock, but it was the kind where you could put your own CD in and wake
up to whatever you like.  I was quite covetous of this - imagine waking up
to Sleep the Clock Around on a daily basis? - but she was a little upset.
Her words were:

"I wish you could put a tape in this because all I listen to is mix tapes.
I never get CDs because by the time I buy one, it's already out of style!"

Yes, fair Jillian, heaven forbid you buy an unpopular piece of music.
That's really the only point of Napster (though I do prefer Audiogalaxy*) -
girls want to get J.Lo's new song so they can blare it out of their computer
while they slut-it-up to go out to the bar.  Then they can delete it when
it's gauche.  It's an unending cycle (trust me - I have to live with it).

On a lighter note, I received The Dears' CD in the mail yesterday.  As if
it's not fantastic enough getting packages in the mail, the contents of this
one were STELLAR!  I highly recommend them.

Speaking Dears arriving, a certain Angel Blackwell said he made an
appearance in my fair place of abode.  Hmm....he actually managed to scrape
up Belliphiles in London (ON)!  I had given up hope as I thought there are
far too many Roots postergirlsandboys for meaningful listenership, but I
stand corrected.  Keep up the good work.

I'll leave now, so you can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Au reservoir
Marybeth

*I only use it to get rare things I cannot buy ANYWHERE and to find things
like the theme to The Littlest Hobo.  It's a sad existence.  However, on
Thursday, Leslie Nielsen guest starred on the Littlest Hobo - so how's that
for class?

P.S.  Am i the only one with enough time on my hands to notice that in Nick
Drake's version of Tomorrow is Such a Long Time he uses the subjunctive, but
in Nana Mouskouri's version she uses the indicative?  These things are
important, you know...