Sinister: Off Napster, On Jeepster, Off Prancer, On Vixen

Brier Random brier at xxx.com
Wed Jan 31 06:08:41 GMT 2001

Regarding the Jeepster News Email (which has missed its own boat recently)
and Jeepster Website (which still doesn't have lyrics to Winter Wooskie
posted, and claims the lyrics to Judy Is A Dick Slap [instrumental] are
'coming soon') has its shortfalls too, I don't think it's fair to criticize
Jeepster too heavily.  They're primarily a company who makes records.  The
website and emails are just a bonus.  If you hear something first in the
NME, well then Jeepster must be doing a good enough job that NME reported
some B&S news so quickly.  I think we get to comfortable with all this
instant electronic information that we get spoiled, and selfishly consider
it our right.  And I think to whine about it goes against the indie credo to
which we claim to aspire.  Like buying a Ramones CD and complaining that it
didn't include an Interactive Quicktime Video.  It'll be fine.  The music is
coming.

Regarding the Napster debate that seems to flare up around here every year
or so: No Comment.

All of the other reindeer:

Dasher: "Here's your hat, what's your hurry?"
Dancer: "I thought he hung his boots up and then retired."
Prancer: "Gay as a tangerine."
Vixen: "You know who you are.  I've got the bruises to prove it."
Comet: "Always shooting up too much."
Cupid: "Put too much poison in the dart."
Donner: "Ate the dead; some party."
Blitzen: "Ooh, you mixed wine with Jim Beam; you henna your hair, don't
you?"

Rudolph:  Insists on forthcoming posts from Joan of Dark, Listdom Lisa
Morrison, LLaura LLew, and Velocity (your mail-art is almost ready).

And please check your local bookstore for the book I just wrote, called "How
to Get Along With Anyone".  I didn't write it by myself; I co-authored it
with this dumb moron asshole guy....

Love, Brier