Sinister: heh with the double standards already

Jeff Burke shiplore at xxx.com
Wed Jan 31 15:45:16 GMT 2001

Hey now.
Can't we all get along?
Seriously tho' I value this list cause the people on it are diverse and from
all over the world but at the same time intelligent and well spoken. Isabel,
I wish you'd reconsider. Honey is not targeting you. Infact from following
the thread I'd say the honey's message was meant to inform the person/people
taking less intellectual more personal shots *at* you.

Let's remember everyone when we joined this list there were certain things
we agreed to, trying to keep on topic, not filling everyone's inboxes with
one word responses or personal attacks. Any issue that people feel
passionately about is bound to cause a stir and I'm all for talking about it
as long as we don't take the thug way out and start neener neenering people
we don't agree with. Napster is about music and appropiate for discussion
but not personal attacks. Honey let's us get  away with alot based on the
guidelines, especially along the lines of off topic topics....

okay. my reconciliation attempts are over.

jb
a yank who's not felt persecuted for yankness except for in a pub in Earl's
Court where two londoners were complaining about how bad 'mericans were,
loud, obnoxious, cocky and boorish. My friend and I sitting at the table
right beside them thought this was funny since a) we were sitting right next
to them and b) they didn't know we were americans....so how loud could we
have been.
just goes to show....stereotypes are bad. that might be a national norm but
it's not *everyone*