Sinister: Stilletto Street

Robin Stout ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 31 23:54:51 GMT 2001

No sooner have I re-emerged into the world of Sinister than a fight
breaks out. I don't really understand what Napster is, although I
should imagine it's a type of absorbant pants, so I won't argue about
it.

What I've been thinking of recently, as I wander home from work, is
street names. It must be a good job being able to name them. Where
I live, near an old bicycle factory, some street names are named
after this, such as Cycle Road and Dunlop Road. In the estate next
door they're named after birds. Unfortunately, these sytems only
seem to last for a few streets before they give up. It seems that
despite a few brief moments of glory, modern street-namers are
rubbish.

If I was in charge I'd name hundreds of streets after lots of things
like shoes; Wellington St, Plimsol Road, Clog Avenue, Brothel
Creeper Alley, or boats; Canoe Grove, Liner Lane, Ferry Terrace.
They could go on forever. We'd have Hip Street which would be
connected to Leg Street which would be connected to Knee Street.
Oh hear the word of the Lord!

The only record I've ever seen the "Home Taping Is Killing Music"
logo on was a record of Cockney singalong classics. Maybe they
considered themselves a vulnerable part of the market.

Robin x