Sinister: sheep, sheep, sheep, *tree*, sheep

Will Salt wpsalt at xxx.com
Wed Jan 31 23:14:56 GMT 2001

Sorry about the subject line.  I can never think of good subject lines.

I hope you're all having fun out their in your little worlds.  Not
throwing bricks or fireworks or anything at each other.  Even teddy bears.

I was thinking, today, about general things.  Well, I was walking along,
humming songs from Tigermilk -- as you do -- and idly thinking about
things.  As you do.  And so, I got to humming to myself, "Do something
pretty while you can."

Now, the ever-alert Joan of Dark pointed out last week that sometimes
Belle and Sebastian feel like they've become a way of life.  And if you
walk down the street humming their songs to yourself, then that must be
true.  So, therefore, we should all try to do something pretty while we
can, in case we can't tomorrow.

If someone sends you nasty email, don't rise to it and annoy everyone.
Ignore them and the world will be a happier place.

If there is someone you love, send them a message and tell them.  Wait an
hour, and send them another.  Keep doing it, and you'll feel like you're
together.  If they don't know, that's probably not *such* a good idea.
They might get scared and never talk to you again.

If you're bored and have nothing to do, go out for a walk.  Go to
somewhere you've never been.  Look at a map, and go to somewhere just
because you like the sound of its name.  See what somewhere looks like
from a slightly different angle.  Take photographs.

If you can't leave the house, don't just watch TV.  Do something.  Write
something, or make something.  Do something inspirational, and write a
book about it.

If nothing else, be nice to a cat; they usually appreciate it.  If you
don't have a cat, you could always send Princess Honey something nice; I'm
sure she would appreciate it too.

Whatever you do do, make sure it's something that you enjoy doing.  Like
humming Tigermilk to yourself, whilst walking through the city.

G'night,

xx
will s.

--