Sinister: "If you can't think of a subject, just quote something good someone else said"

Peter Carter p.carter at xxx.uk
Sun Jan 21 19:37:07 GMT 2001

Hello Sinister, at long last I return. My long absence has been due to a
lack of wit, and anything interesting to say. I finally realised that if
everyone was witty and interesting, the world would be a very boring place.
So I'll endeavour to make this post and dull and juvenile as possible.

First of all, people have been mentioning the guardian and observer a lot
recently, and I recently found quite an interesting article about the top
100 public intellectuals list. Apparently Henry Kissinger is top, ahead of
George Orwell, Jean-Paul Sartre and Albert Camus. It's at

http://www.guardian.co.uk/internetnews/story/0,7369,636877,00.html

and it's rather scary. It's also an example of some of some really good
Grauniading (that really should be a word).

People keep e-mailing and telling me how great Fast Cow is. People, I KNOW
it's good, tell the list! Honestly, I'm very grateful though, and you're all
wonderful.

There has also been even more added, with a review of 'Honey, I'm an Artist'
by Airport Girl, a yahoo groups list to keep people up to date with the
updates and, best of all, a new cow called Brucie! That's at
www.ciahq.fsnet.co.uk/fastcow by the way. The update list link is at the
bottom of the main page.

I've been missing Kara a lot recently, not that I don't anyway, and Ben Apps
has now made me think that perhaps liking toss songs is the way forward for
those in lose. I tried listening to 'How Do I Live' by our Leanne today, as
it was playing in my local supermarket. I'm sorry, but it hurt, it really
did. Perhaps it's a learned skill, or perhaps you 'have to be in the 'wow,
I'm with someone amazing' phase, rather than the 'Oh dear, my love is too
far away' one, I don't know.

BRIGHTON meetup, I'm rather excited about that, should be rather fun to meet
up with all those lovely people again. The only place I've been going
recently is my uni's club night, Friday Flux, because my friends like to go.
Their slogan is 'Get Fluxed on a Friday'. Glorious.

I've never been Sillistrated and I haven't seen that film about Iris Murdoch
yet, these are terrible things.

www.ciahq.fsnet.co.uk/fastcow
www.eurosexuals.co.uk
Peter, half of the other great Sinister romance.