Sinister: from the murky depths of deepest darkest peru...

Nik Ovenden nik_ovenden at xxx.com
Sun Jul 1 11:39:39 BST 2001

Dearest Sinistereenies,
I apologise for my prolonged absence from your
beautiful grassy knoll.
Many people have been swept aside from the top by the
nasty gales, but rest assured, i will be appeasing you
all very soon.
My sole reason for slovenly posting and even more
slovenly unfulfilled promises is the eternal
examination of my brain (and possibly the soul, i
don't know how exams work...)
Especially Mr Mikkelsen, who will be recompensed with
more and more CD's than he can possibly imagine.  The
rest will be reimbursed similarly.

CARDIFF
IS ANYONE GOING??? HELLO? ECHO! (Echo! echo! ec..!)
it seems that but 2 of the sinister collective dare
enter the rainy isle that is Wales.  Does it always
rain when you go?  i have never seen a less sunny
country.
Off the point.  I will be in the green "monkey"
cardigan.  anyone who wants a jelly bean can gladly
have one.
I will, of course, be b**tlegging, since that's the
naughty scamp i am.  Thus, my associates will be
issued forth one of those too, plus any other
well-spoken nice 1500 of you.

I was going to talk about another band, but my
comparatively insignificant knowledge of music means i
have to sit humbly in your shadow.  Are the Strokes
really that good?  Lots of positive feedback...
And camera obscura material doesn't extend this far
South.

SOUTH
play in Bristol on wednesday! Yippee!

I leave you now.  15 minutes of non-fame are over.

Love Niko
xxx