Sinister: With the parrot on your shoulder saying everything when you talk...

steve peet peetsketch at xxx.com
Sun Jul 1 20:31:07 BST 2001

Hello and thanks to everyone I saw (again and for the first time) at the
picnics and gigs over the w/end.  Needless to say a fab time was had by all,
but I'll leave detailed accounts to those with more eloquence and accurate
set lists etc.

Robster, you'll be pleased to know Fin did make it to the coach in the end,
and we did make it back in time for Camera Obscura, despite getting a taxi
to the *wrong* place... doh! (btw I did make it back for my train after
leaving the gig early - just!  I'll be supremely jealous if you all stayed a
dancin' with celebs till the wee small hours.) Thanks for the poem, rather
nice.  I'm glad you sent the parrot on to Ken - he needs something else to
sit on his shoulder now he's had all his hair lopped off.

I've said this sort of thing before, but dashing through Liverpool St.
station on my way home I was greeted by two listees who were stood at RAH
with me (sorry names escape me) who were on their way home from Mardi Gras,
and then another (I am really bad with names) whom I've met up in Sheffield
a few times on her way rather belatedly to the Spitz... all purely by
coincidence... *that*'s what I like about Sinister.

Someone was asking about the first support act at RAH, "Jonny 7" I think
they called themselves.  Well, Cabbage and I (and a couple of others) were
similarly enticed in by their comedy rendition of Legal Man, and after we
managed to drag Cabbage away fom the usher from Barnsley who he was chatting
up :), we were stood just a few rows back and we struggled to make out who
they were through the comedy wigs and stuck on porn-star moustaches.
Cabbaged reckoned the guy on bongos was from V-Twin, but beyond that I'm at
a loss.

Ah well, best consign (sp?) the weekend to memory and get ready for the
reality of work again tomorrow.

See y'all again soon.
PeetSketchSteve