Sinister: Leicester Fiesta

Madeleine McNeil mmcneil79 at xxx.com
Mon Jul 2 09:24:39 BST 2001

So, our little Leicester picnic took place this weekend. While all the rest
of you were dancing like loons in London Town, a few of us met in the park
and sedately ate sandwiches and drank ribena. In attendence were James,
John, Tom, Danny, Helen, myself and two friends of Tom's (names forgotten,
sorry). I felt terrible, having spent Saturday night drinking all sorts of
rubbish and dancing to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack at a friend's barbeque.
I was so drunk at the barbeque I even ended up drinking some dodgy liquor
someone bought back from their holidays. Sometimes I am just so disappointed
in myself.

The picnic, after an awkward (we all got lost) and sticky (i kept dropping
my fizzy drink and spraying it everywhere) start, was lovely. We watched the
skate kids skating and the fitba kids playing fitba and Helen, Danny and
James playing frisbee while I sat quietly and tried not to make any sudden
movements. Then James produced some beer and even though my first thoughts
were 'Urg, alcohol. How horrible', I soon got back into the swing of things
and perked up. I'm not one to give in easily. I burbled quite a lot of
nonsense, weebled off to the nasty toilets and said a cheery hello to a
fellow boozer. We discussed our mission to Birmingham and looked at John's
colourful map, and I got sidetracked by the amount of pubs near the
Alexandra theatre. Goodness, there's alcohol everywhere these days.

The only thing that would have made the picnic any better would have been
the attendence of Mr Ken Chu, Sir, Geek God and all round Good Bloke. But as
he sent me a parrot I'm sure I'll find it in my heart to forgive him.

Nuff respec to the Leicester Massive. I'm sure some of us will bring you
some gritty reportage of the Brum gig, too.

Love
Madeleine
xxx

And hooray to John for coming to join us in #sinister. It's ever so nice in
there.