Sinister: my turn

Hewitt, Stephen shewitt at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 3 14:30:52 BST 2001

ello babies

I'm pretty certain it's been a fair old while since i did one of my really
gushy posts about what a lovely weekend i had, and how you are all so super
and ace and everything, and i think i can feel one building, but first a
couple of things about the session.

sexual athlete = pavement, shurely?  i have no recollection of anyone else
mentioning this, yet it was my first thought once stuart started singing...

magic of a kind word = rhoda, sort of, when yr singing it to yourself, or
indeed listening to it through a door.

Speaking of which, I hereby faithfully promise to update the "songs that
belle and sebastian songs sound like" list very soon cos i've got quite a
few of them hanging around (it's here:
http://www.geocities.com/carsmilesteve if anyone doesn't know what i'm
talking about).

John J just said:

Three little girls danced for them and Stuart gave then each something
at the end

and OOER MISSUS (in rememberance of the late hattie jaques) i thought.

then the big man just said:

the string players on stage were going at it all the way
through

brum has obviously brought out the double entendres in you..

ANYWAY, my weekend was absolutely superb, after a slightly dodgy "hold on i
hardly know anyone at this picnic" moment when we arrived on friday and the
comedy walking 20 mins to find an offie and then paying effectively pub
prices things got so much better, even when the pub cabbage was looking for
disappeared.  The gig was, as you may have already have heard, rather good,
mrs carsmile was even impressed.  We rule the school was my personal
highlight (interesting word change, "NC was here" rather than "NC loved
me"), closely followed by lazy line painter jane (lungs so large for a lady
so small).  Also the "stars in their eyes" style ripple of applause that
greeted the start of Family Tree, seemingly initiated by starry getting a
bit carried away, which reduced ms alder to a helpless giggling mess for the
rest of the song.  The inevitable massive !P!R!O!P!S! to la hodottir for her
rousing performance and also to the person down the front who shouted for
"ease yr feet into the sea" and then said "i went all the way to aberdeen
and you didn't play it there either", "erm, come to ipswich, we'll play it
there", was the mumbled, somewhat embarrassed response from our struan.
Speaking of whom, we now have a pic of him with his top off playing footie,
at least ailsa ross does.

To follow this with a day of sitting in the park, drinking and nattering
with some of my fave ppl ever was good enough, but then to follow that with
even more drinking and dancing and watching more bands with some more of my
fave ppl made an old man very happy, although will someone *please* tell me
to stop dancing and behave like a grown up next time, especially when i
start punching the air...

Will i ever learn?

apparently not :)

anyway GRATE big hugs and kisses to everyone i met over the weekend
(especially mr cabbage for letting me watch the peanut hugging on saturday,
and also sally moore and sam walton for being good picnic mummies), really
this is a very very special group of people and i want to give honey and
linda a huge big sloppy kiss for putting up with us all and looking after us
and just bringing us together in the first place.

xoxo
CarsmileSteve