Sinister: freud would say that I really wanted to run her over. that's why he was a genius.

Richard Gillanders r_gillanders at xxx.com
Tue Jul 3 15:53:58 BST 2001

'manhattan murder mystery' was on television recently.
 and it just served to remind me of just how much I
really actually like woody allen.  I forget
frequently.

I haven't smoked in a while.  I had a cigarette last
night.  after watching juliet binoche attempt suicide.
 and I heard two cats fighting.  and I was glad that
it was dark.  and that my night vision isn't.  good.

I was tidying my room and I found a piece of paper
under my bed.  it had 'I want to be the hero of my own
life' scrawled on it.  and I wondered when I had
written it.  and I was watching 'the cider house
rules' [kinda] while I was tidying.  and then.  yeah.
tobey maguire started reading the first chapter of
'david copperfield'.

as I read somewhere.  somewhere.  the reindeer section
was dreamt up by that gary lightbody guy from the snow
patrol.  and he had dreamt it up at a lou barlow gig.
and after he dreamt it up he went about recruiting
musicians from the audience at the lou barlow gig to
try and realise his dream.  and the thing I read
somewhere said that members of astrid are in it.  and
members of idlewild would have been too.  if they
could have made the sessions.  which they couldn't.
but.  that makes sense.  because I saw lou barlow
playing a while back and astrid were supporting at one
point.  and idlewild at another.  point.

and I told the wee guy from astrid I had seen him on
'young, gifted and broke' [a late night television
programme with a low, low production value and of
little interest] he seemed insulted and denied it.  I
told him I was sure.  I later realised I had actually
seen him on 'loud TV' [a late night television
programme with a low, low production value and of
little interest].  quite a different show.  but.  I
had had a few drinks.

also.  one of the guys on the door that night asked if
I was 'in the band'.  I asked him if I looked like I
was in the band.  he shrugged.  I saw him again later
and told him of my new plan: that he should tell
everyone he saw that I was in the band.  especially
any nice young ladies.  that he saw.  he shrugged
again.  so I shrugged too.

now.

the people from belle and sebastian who have been
doing this reindeer stuff are: mick cooke, richard
colburn and 'belfast' bob kildea [who was called a
'member of belle and sebastian' in the thing I read
somewhere.  but other people will say 'v->twin'.  so
so will I.].  so.

and they're playing at nice 'n' sleazy's?  or they
have?  I thought about thinking about going.  or I
think I did.  but I've missed it?  probably.  maybe
it's tomorrow.  I'll think about going.

and an album.  it's going to be called 'ya'll get
scared now, ya hear'.  and I don't know if that's a
good idea or not.  and they'll be at t in the park.
and whether that's a good idea or not...

it doesn't sound like a bad thing.  the thing.  but
the names that were chosen are not too.  nice.  to me.

but...what's in a name?

being in #sinister recently and noting that the
'topic' was advertising an mp3 titled 'the state that
lorraine is in' I was intrigued to the point of
downloading.  and listening.  my, my.  how impressed!
I was.  what a brave young lady.  she kept her cool
and recalled lyrics and called out 'sinister!'.  had I
been in a similar situation I'm sure I wouldn't have
even attempted the notes that lorraine achieved.  I
would have kept to the two notes I know I can produce.
 notes.  or maybe they're tones.

anyhow.  well done. to lorraine.  the hodottir.

an eastside [of scotland] picnic is in the works.  and
it sounds like it might be a whole lot of fun.

I received a letter recently advising me that I don't
have enough credits to proceed to the third year of my
course.  worried.  I phoned a friend who reassured me
that everything would be fine.  and hopefully it will.
 be fine.

I mentioned 'brno' last time.  and someone said it was
cheap.  that's what my friend said.  or says.  'we'll
live like kings!' he repeats.  and we might.  I might.
 if I manage to get there.

gosh.  this rambled a little more than I had intended
it to.

sorry,
richard.