Sinister: could the new song be...?

hyde kevin michael kmhyde at xxx.edu
Tue Jul 3 16:28:03 BST 2001

I was just thinking, after reading Big Stu's post, that the song they
played in Birmingham might be "I'm waking up to us". I remember Struan or
Stevie had mentioned it in that little blurb from the beginning of the
year- the one about them having the same producer as Petula Clark. And if
I recall correctly, the band said it had something like a 25 piece backing
orchestra. That might be wrong, but there's a good possibility that was
the song they played...

I had wanted to ask if anyone else on the list from the States was going
to the Neal Pollack Literature and Music festival in Philadelphia. Dave
Eggers, Ben Greenman, and Zadie Smith (to whom I am engaged, without her
knowledge) will be reading, and quite a few bands will be playing. I only
ask because it might be nice to have some sort of coterie of Sinister
there- to fight off the Journey fans these things inevitably draw.

Also, again, much thanks to those of you who take the time to diligently
transcribe all the excitement from the gigs and picnics for those of us
who must be absent. *IF* B&S ever decide to come to east coast U.S., I
promise to do the same.

last- note to Ken Chu: I saw a product called "Blue Ox Energy Drink" in a
local convenience store yesterday. an embarrassment of American adaption.
horrible. someone told me that they *do* have Red Bulls in the states now,
just not everywhere yet. we're so weird.

OKay. off to my job- taking tech support calls for WebTV. last week's
highlight: explaining to an 89 year old man how the shift button works.

Kevin