Sinister: "like a little condom"

Miss Cressida Jane Darwin cdarwin at xxx.uk
Wed Jul 4 18:24:53 BST 2001

i just remembered a couple of things i don't *think* other
people mentioned about RAH!.

struan gently chiding stevie for only turning up a couple
of minutes after they were due onstage. (surely i wasn't
the only one wondering if he had got lost backstage in a
spinal tap style?) struan responding to screamed requests
of "stars of track and field" with the quip "we've got an
athletics team up there." stevie insisting he was "alright
on the deep ones… i like it on the deep ones .. know what I
mean" just before "the wrong girl". struan's comparing
richard's high-tech glass surroundings to a "little
condom".

despite the acoustics, it was a great gig. so, a special
vote of thanks has to go to mark cassarotto for selling his
spare standing ticket to me.

apologies for not making it to either picnic, but it was
great to meet so many lovely people at both friday and
saturday gigs. those turning up at strange fruit could have
been treated to my uncanny impression of caroline aherne at
an awards ceremony. apparently struan was watching us
dance. i imagine that was with a look of abject terror.
still, lets all be thankful that stevie hadn't mentioned at
that point that he wanted babies. it could have been *much*
worse.

cress
xox

Cressida Darwin
c.darwin at sghms.ac.uk
St. Georges Hospital Medical School
Opinions expressed those of the author and not the institution