Sinister: If you want to destroy my sweater, hold this thread as I walk away

James Thorniley james.thorniley at xxx.com
Wed Jul 4 21:10:57 BST 2001

Hey kids

I didn't go to the RAH gig so I'm not going to go on about that.

I did go to the Saturday picnic which was quite good however. I went to
Camera Obscura afterwards too but I couldn't stay long as I had to get a
train back a bit earlier than usual because they had messed them up a little.

Guess who I went to see yesterday when so many of you* were in Bournemouth?

Go on guess...

Look at the subject line...

WEEZER!
They rocked. They were absolutely fantastic and I moshed my little twee heart
out. I haven't moshed in *ages* because so much of the "loud" music you hear
these days is so pants. There were people in Feeder t-shirts and stuff, grr,
I hope they were taking the piss.

Mmm they were very rock and roll. They had two support bands which was
annoying, but they had a great big fuck off "W" hanging at the back of the
stage which was covered with lights which flashed and stuff during the songs,
which seemed pretty damn cool.

So the picnic then. It was ace. I forced a Finnish girl in a B&S t-shirt to
come along to the picnic instead of sit by the observatory on her own and I
tried to be nice but wasn't very good at it. It was nice sitting with a
better view outside of the garden - if further from the toilets.

The toilets are certainly an advantage to Greenwich over Primrose hill...
when it's a hot day and lots of people are in the park I worry about public
indecency laws when unzipping my trousers by the bushes. Though it was worse
in Glasgow where I couldn't find toilets or even very good bush cover anyway.
I had to settle for somewhere slightly exposed and just hope no one walked
past.

But the Glagow picnic was better than any London one. Ally deserves big props
for organising such a huge picnic especially when there were so many dumb
tourists like me who didn't know where they were.

My trip to galsgow last month was great. The picnic was better than the gig.
And the gig was great. We walked round glasgow in the morning. We got a
couple of Gouranga yo-yos. Daf bought pint size plastic cups for his wine. I
bought socks.

The stars of my Glasgow trip were...

Amy Jackson for helping me and Dafyd get around.
Ally96 for organising the picnic.
Belle for being the coolest dog in the world.
Gordon for ordering taxis and knowing the way round and generally being good
company.
Sweetie for having cool hair and looking generally quite rock and roll in
quite a fantastic way. And for being a ned's worst nightmare.
The guy with the bottle opener for being the guy with the bottle opener,
everyone always likes you ;)
Everyone else I met you were all fantastic :)

Right I will stop my ranting now. Byebye everyone xx

James.

*Where are the gig reports?

Christ I just remembered a whole extra rant to do that I didn't fit in.

Ok quickly. The following band is ace/GRATE/swell:
THE VIOLENT FEMMES

Trust me. Buy their first album (simply called "Violent Femmes") and get very
drunk and listen to it very loud it's fantastic.

P.S. does anyone want to know how to play the game Limp Biscuit? You probably
don't unless you're very smutty, actually. I think I'll spare you...