Sinister: like in what part of canada are sunroofs called moon roofs?

Steven Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Thu Jul 5 05:12:06 BST 2001

or is that rooves?

we certainly do not call them moonroofs in toronto.  not MY toronto anyway.

canada?

yeah...
are we even talking about the same thing here? that little window covered in
bird shit on the top of cars?

wouldn't it be great if everyone else knew about some kind of window in some
other kind of place (non-car being) and it was just for watching the
moon -the key here (punctum? is my terminology correct?) being everyone
knowing something i don't.  like in tomas pynchon novels (ok, llaura, i'll
stop).  i actually took a very good picture of a very foggy and mysterious
moon out of my bedroom window, and this has nothing to do with other
people's bums, this was a real honest to goodness luminous disc suspended on
one of the rotating glass membranes that circle above the earth suspended in
the mysterious ether.  it was not someone's bum (i mean to be clear on
this), and i had to use a very long shutter speed to get it at all which
involved staying very very still.

can i only use punctum where the photos are concearned?
i haven't read the relevant book yet so i'm just running on hear'say. or
maybe sugar jones.

enough of me...

there's just nothing to say about belle and sebastian when you come from
canada and are also located there during the time that belle and sebastian
are touring the united kingdom.  its all just green-eyed jealousy, even i
don't give a fuck about sunrooves or photos of other people's foggy
behinds...

and enough of all this great belle and sebastian news....

"WHEN I SEE A PRETTY GIRL, EVEN I COME TO HATE CHESS."*

has anyone reconsidered sixty nine love songs lately?
me and kevin rogers were talking about it today and we decided that although
we were very excited about it at the time, we are considerably less excited
about it now.  so much so that we don't listen to it at all anymore.  when
that record first came out i was just entering university, the world was as
fresh as ceremony by new order (or at least the intro, if not the rest of
the song) and the prospect of spending 3 hrs listening to an uneven album of
folk-tronic love songs was appealing beyond words.  now, however, it is get
lost and holiday that i listen to due to their solid pop stylings and the
poor, bloated, unrepentently dull 69 sits on the shelf.

i also went back and read that really ranty thing by the duke person about
how everyone sang like angels or something ....i'm just not sure.  actually,
i only listen to journey now -i recommend all fans of pink floyd listen to
journey.

but really, i was quite thrilled by the new single and even some of the new
peel session tracks.   if they pull off one or two more great peel sessions
then they might even come to rival OMD and Gang of Four as the bands to have
made my favourite peel sessions recordings.  rah! actually the Go4 Peel disc
is probably my favourite thing by them.

CarsmilleSteve said that on first hearing shoot the sexual athlete sounded
like pavement, jay said that it sounded like something else.  to me it just
sounded kind of crappy and thats saying alot since they stuart says 'pere
ubu' in the song - kind of makes me wonder about Carsmille's opinion of
pavement.  also, i heard the spiral stairs solo record (preston school of
indusry) and thought it was kind of ok, better than the malkmus rekkid, but
not fantastic. comparatively, the rest of the session is absolutely
stunning.  woo.

someone said he got stopped for potentially 'coming back for more'

ta'

s t e ve n
*identify the film quote for a special prize.