Sinister: thowin' bowes on 'em

Samiam Green Eggs And Ham samiamx at xxx.com
Thu Jul 5 15:40:03 BST 2001

Although they've been mentioned a couple of times, I have to share this.
Drop what you are doing and go out and get Sigur Ros's last album.  It is
fantastic.  I found out about them about a year ago when a friend of mine I
recently met at school (yes from Iceland) kept bugging me about them.  Based
on the music I like, she new I'd like them.  Anyway, she made me a cd and I
was hooked.  They are very ethereal, ominous, intense, cosmic and beautiful
-- all at once.  It's amazing how emotion this music pulsates and evokes.
Then there's the voice, it sounds like Liz from the Cocteau Twins, but I
have no idea if he's a boy, or she's a girl.  I can't make out a single word
this person says, but it really doesn't matter.  Anyway, I had to share,
onto other stuff..

To whomever keeps touting the Lucksmiths (he's in New England), I completely
agree.  They're fun to see live.  But the press keeps making references to
the Smiths, I see none.  None.  The lyrics are very different and the music
is not as layered.

I saw Mogwai last week and well, get ear plugs.  The poor souls in front of
me (several times) bent over while covering their ears.  It was as if they
were crouching to shield the pain, yet they liked the feeling.

I'm thinking of going to see Teenage Fanclub, how are they live?

Sam I Am Green Eggs and Ham