Sinister: i love the smell of consumerism in the morning

Kirsten Kenyon chinacat81 at xxx.com
Thu Jul 5 16:15:36 BST 2001

  everyone's saying it's time for me to get a serious job, and so the
other day i found myself in the most terrifying place i can imagine:
the mall.  my mother told me my clothes are "not professional," and
so i spent the afternoon wandering in and out of shops, trying on
clothes that made me look like a geeky fourteen year old girl trying
to dress like ally mcbeal.  and everyone was staring, because i was
hiding in the corner of express (yes, my soul is gone) in my little
skirt and weezer t-shirt and hoping no one would notice me looking
through a rack of fitted black pants.  they all noticed, and the well-
dressed salesgirl kept approaching me and saying "are you SURE you
don't need any help?" she seemed very concerned about my ability to
aptly clothe myself.  i sort of felt like julia roberts in pretty
woman, except the salesgirl was paying me TOO much mind, i didn't
WANT to be shopping, and i'm not a callgirl.  so.  nevermind that.  i
think i will go put on my classy new clothes and some red lipstick
and watch television for awhile.
  kirsten

Care2 make the world greener!