Sinister: thowin' bowes on 'em

Rener iodowd at xxx.com
Thu Jul 5 16:42:25 BST 2001

--- Samiam Green Eggs And Ham <samiamx at hotmail.com>
wrote: > Although they've been mentioned a couple of
times, I
> have to share this.
> Drop what you are doing and go out and get Sigur
> Ros's last album.

i know many people who love this album ... but i was a
bit disappointed in it, to tell the truth. i'd seen
them live first, you see, and they were amazing -
beautiful, otherworldly sounds and That Voice washing
over you and a backdrop film of snow and glaciers seen
from the air ... it just all came together
beautifully. one of the best gigs i've ever been to.
when i listened to the album it just seemed a bit thin
by comparison. but if i'd heard the album first i
might well have loved it, so don't pay any attention
to me ...

> I'm thinking of going to see Teenage Fanclub, how
> are they live?

they're very very VERY good - go and see them! i'm off
to see the magnetic fields this weekend. they will
also be brilliant.

rener

=====
"Yarr, its kind of you to deliver these copies of Jugs. They'll keep my men from resorting to homosexuality fer about 10 minutes. harr harr harr." - The Cap'n