Sinister: As a final irony, they put Cornell himself in a box.

Boy G gpallis at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 5 15:13:28 BST 2001

Hello. This is Boy G. Youth, you know, and Baxendale. Schoolboy crushes,
charity shop jackets. Blah blah blah. I'm sure you remember. Have you seen a
film called 'Sitcom', by Claude Ozon? No? Perhaps you should. It's quite
good. What mystifies me is how so few people have realised that all Jim
Jarmuscack movies are overlong slices of meaningless stylised drivel. I
mean, it just seems obvious. Also, A1 are great.

Hello. This my last Sinister post, I think. I've been wrong before. But here
it is. Unsubscribing. No really definative reasons, just that I feel guilty
for skipping posts and I can't be bothered to read them all. Laziness. It'll
be the death of me. Pulmonary sloth. That's an Infinite Jest reference, by
the way. Please read Infinite Jest.

Firstly, Friday. I'd like to apologize to everyone at the picnic for being a
bit of a passive boring git. I was actually w-a-y ill, as in spending the
whole weekend in bed-type ill, but I kinda didn't realise, so I spent the
whole time wishing I was asleep. So, that was bad. Sorry. Mad props, though,
to Ruvi and his friend for two of the best self-conciously cool outfits I've
ever seen. Others mocked, but I approved. I really did.

Then, of course, RAH. Which was fantastic, really it was. Why isn't it
better known how wonderful violins sound? Because they do, they really do.
Legal Man is all very well, but where are the violins? I bought an record of
an orchestra playing Swan Lake today, for one pound. Will it have violins? I
hope so. But I don't have a record player. It's a problem. Any spares?
E-mail me. I'll give you money and compilation tapes, in happy exchange
deal. Almost as good as the violins were the songs Belle & Sebastian played
on guitars and drums and things, all except Family Twee which was,
obviously, awful unlistenable rubbish. Monica Queen is an absolute star. The
Sinister singer and her two friends who danced onstage for The State I Am In
are all absolute stars. Isobell isn't that fat, just plump and, more to the
point, responsible for Family Twee. Struan is an absolute star.

So, then goodbye. We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun. Ken is,
unexaggeratedly,  the nicest person I have ever met. He can also juggle
seven balls at a time. Ken, respect. Sinister, I wish you well. I hope that
one day a Glasgow picnic will get drunk enough to form a small regiment,
find the people who beat up Jen, and pummel them. There's no reason why it
shouldn't happen. I hope this everyone on this list downloads the game
'Princess Maker 2', and enjoys it as much as I do (search for it on google,
or something). I hope that Peter Carter tells us all that his 'Judy and the
Dream of Horses' story was an elaborate satire on, oh, I don't know, Brecht
or something. Because then it would be merely bad. I hope that B&S turn
themselves around and make wonderful, life-enhancing records again, like
they used to. They won't, but it's still worth hoping. I wish you all well.

And I don't love anyone...
Greg