Sinister: Snoop Doggy Dogg? Needs to get a Jobby Job

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Thu Jul 5 21:38:52 BST 2001

Hello everyone.

I doubt there will be much content here, so most of you can just move along
to the more interesting posts about gigs, picnics, and wild, sexual
behavior.

What is the deal with everyone getting a job all of a sudden?  I don't much
care for my job.  Sitting behind a computer all day is rather boring,
especially if one has nothing to do.  I can never find very interesting
stuff on the internet, although seanbaby and the onion give me brief fixes
of enjoyment every now and again.  Waiting outside the Dufnermline gig all
those weeks ago, some sinisters (too shy to talk to them) mentioned
something about the only people who read all the sinister posts must sit at
work and surf the web all day with nothing better to do.  Well, I suppose
I'm one of those people.

I miss my job at Blockbuster.  Sometimes I think about going back, but then
I realize I just don't have the time.  Although it did kinda suck having to
watch *NSYNC and Marc Anthony videos ALL DAY LONG.  And the general
populations poor taste in movies ("Do you have any more 'Double Jeopardy'
in?")really pissed me off as well.

I rediscovered the joys of sitting around the house and doing absolutely
nothing last weekend.  I had so much fun doing it, I took Monday off of
work.  I did the same thing yesterday for the 4th, it was phantastic.  My
advice to all those looking for jobs, don't get them.  Who needs money
anyway?

Somebody is going to see the Magnetic Fields, and somebody else is going to
buy the new Rufus Wainwright.  I enjoy the new Rufus Wainwright, it's
pretty.  They were both scheduled to play Wotopolava with the Pet Shop Boys,
which I had tickets to, but it was cancelled.  I was told it was cancelled
because of Sinead O'Connor pulling out and marrying a guy, but I think it
really had something to do with ticket sales.  Are there enough people in
America interested in the Magnetic Fields, Rufus Wainwright, and the Pet
Shop Boys to warrant a festival tour?  Oh well, more money to spend at that
unreasonably expensive Radiohead show at the end of the month in Atlanta.

Joe is having problems with friends.  Joe, I'd me more than happy to be your
friend, but I probably wouldn't be a very good friend since I'm about as
nerdy as your other friends and I live 3,000 miles away.  I wish I could be
a better person.  I'm kinda mean to my friends sometimes, it's actually a
wonder I still have any friends at all.  I just really moody sometimes, and
everything they do pisses me off.  How do I stop this from happening?

And as for music being the soundtrack to one's life.  I find that I like to
listen to something to help me through rough times, not listen to something
that is only going to make me feel worse (although sometimes I do anyway).
I listen to belle and sebastian because it makes me feel happy.  It makes me
feel better once I listen to it.  Sometimes I hope to live in a Belle and
Sebastian world.  It seems sweeter, nicer, and less complicated.  Maybe it
doesn't, I don't know.  I'm gonna stop writing about that.

I watched some of MTV2's Revenge of the Brits yesterday.  Everytime I turned
it on it was either Travis, Radiohead, Craig David, or a Rolling Stones
video.  Shouldn't there have been more?

Woah, I've gone on way too long already.  Sorry everyone, sorry Honey.

-Matt
"I don't know if you've been keeping up with current events, but we just got
our asses kicked man!"