Sinister: don't stop us now, oh wait...the tour's over.......(ipswich gig!)

stuart hallifax stuarthallifax at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 5 23:55:19 BST 2001

hello Sinister!

following our successful attempt at being the first to
post about the scarborough gig, we thought we'd try it
again for ipswich.

lovely gig. bizarre standing arrangement meaning the
first 3 rows were non-existant.

prize-giving ceremony, like at school, for all the
roadies and people, who got to hug isobel! (in her
nice blue shirt and piano tie). they all got little
medals like you win at 5-a-side football competitions.

struan TOOK HIS TOP OFF! lovely! played a couple of
songs topless - chris jones looked as if he was about
to faint. and he took all 36 photos on his film before
the grand finale......

'don't stop me now' by queen. with STRUAN DRESSED AS
FREDDIE!!!!!topless, wearing a moustache, cape (well,
a towel draped over his shoulders) and a pretty silver
crown, which he threw into the audience.

other highlights:
-the band doing 'jilted john' by jilted john, with
jilted john (AKA brian appleton) singing while isobel,
struan and a roadie jumped about and did backing
vocals.
-fireworks!!! a bit a shock for everyone - especially
the band. loud bangy confettiness at the end of legal
man.
- slow grafiti (which was double nice cos we asked
struan to do it at camera obscura), dog on wheels,
state i'm in and the new one thats not 'i love my
car'.
-additional medals for the fans in the front row who'd
been to all (or almost all) the gigs!
-struan taking off his top. did we mention that, oh
yes, we did. but still, eh. nudge nudge. shame isobel
didn't follow suit. :o)
-struan changed the 'ten biggest wanks'line to
something about travelling up the A12 to ipswich. and
promptly forgot the rest of the verse.
-richard's comedy painful facial expressions.
-stevie's elvis impression -especially in legal man
(feather boa wore her elvis t-shirt especially,
ahhh!). and his random apologies and rants.

bye bye

stuart h and feather boa.