Sinister: I Like This, This Is Good, Nice And Cosy

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Fri Jul 6 01:14:38 BST 2001

Hi All,

So.

Ipswich.

Better commit a few highlights to paper before another shite day at work
erases some details.

My seat A12 (at the end of the A12) was nowhere to be seen, having been
removed, so I had to content myself with leaning on the front of the stage
about 6 feet in front of Stuart, Stevie & Mick. I think I was actually
hearing them sing rather than via the sound through the PA. The sound
generally was great, all instruments & voices audible.

A bit of an end of term atmosphere at this the last gig of the UK tour, the
boys & girls on stage having fun. So you get Isobel pogoing during the band
backing John Shuttleworth as Jilted John performing that Gordon Is A Moron
song, Mick leaning on Stevie whilst both rocking out on guitars during Legal
Man, & they closed with a version Of Queen's Don't Stop Me Now led by Sarah
(it was her choice on that Beat Patrol programme), Andrea (?) the flautist
in a glittery Freddie Lives tee-shirt & Dervla from the string section. This
number also saw topless Stuart striking Freddie poses in a tinfoil crown and
pretend cape, with a stick on moutache & the top half of a mic stand.

There was a new song called The Season Has Arrived.

They played The State That I Am In.

Stuart took his black polo shirt off after dancing around with Stevie Dreads
during the Jilted John song & talked about his nipples showing above his
guitar.

During Legal Man whilst playing his Phil Lynott perspex bass he stepped to
the edge of the stage, turned around & laid back on top of the crowd. (Well,
me & the people just to my left)

Chris & Mick were dancing like mad during Woman's Realm - Chris even did a
twirl.

Stuart & Isobel awarded medals (from a glittery silver pencil case) to the
crew & even to some of the kids who had been regular attenders. They were
athletics medals (Stars Of ......?) with "B & S Trooper 2001" on the
obverse.

I never noticed before that Stevie plays great intricate bass on The Model.

I finally got to see Richard gurning.

Mmmm. Knackered. Setlist & then to bed:

Le Pastie de la Bourgeoisie
There's Too Much Love