Sinister: Strawberry Wine

P F pinefox1 at xxx.com
Fri Jul 6 11:15:36 BST 2001

Summer's here and the time is right.

Mooro: intricate bass - yes, I noticed this at the
Glasgow gig - BUT I felt that he was kind of ruining
it, missing out important chord moments etc. May be
confusing this, though, with the disaster that was
OMISSION OF F CHORD IN CHORUS OF 'THE WRONG GIRL' WHEN
PLAYED LIVE. Let the 'band' produce a "spokesperson"
to explain THAT fiasco.

Ipswich - somebody tell me what it's really like.
There's probably an ep to be written about Ipswich. I
was thinking of going myself, but I wound up making
endless photocopies in a thunderstorm, and walking
home through the city centre thinking, London in the
summer - yes, despite everything, I like London in the
summer. It makes me think of Madonna jogging in 1990,
and 'The Power' drifting over the back walls. Why did
those folks in the estate always play their music so
loud? It was loud to me, so how loud can it have been
to them?

Weather fine. Duller today but still lush and humid.
John McEnroe: Classic as commentator. Never heard
anything quite like it, not even in the more
in-yer-face world of footy. Spiky and intrusive, but
intelligent too. He even mentioned 'my old pal Andres
Gomes' the other day.

Loss of Capriati: awful. Surely only dolphin boy was
happy with that.

Music everyone should go and rediscover: aspects of
solo Macca / Wings. 'Tug Of War': best melody of
1980s? Just think about it. VENUS & MARS LP:
magnificent title track only about a minute long, and
'Magneto & Titanium Man' = [yet another] early
'BWTAS'.

Pinefox country CD now a collectors' item and one of a
kind: have accidentally screwed up computer and lost
files. (I mean 'lost' rather than 'destroyed', but it
comes to the same thing at the moment.) I say, Honey,
auction for $5000 at George Jones gig. Make luxury
Edinburgh apartment improvements on proceeds.